I'm so proud of my son

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wife went to norman to go visit a friend who is in ICU so it was guys night. We hit Bass Pro to kill some time then it was to H&H to finish off the guys only time.

After my son dragging me around H&H for about 15 minutes or so. We started to make our way back to the sales side from the ranges. He was pulling me along when he said, "Come on Daddy I want to pick out my gun."

It brought a tear to my eye. Unfortunately I just don't have the extra money to go let him pick out "his" first gun.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is going to turn 3 in November. I didn't let him pick anything out. My luck he has my taste for guns. So you know its going to be something expensive.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His first gun to learn on will be the one I learned on. Winchester Model 67. Bolt action rifle. Single shot, manual cocking action, manual safety. perfect. Each step has to be deliberate.

Once he is hitting a quarter at a mile with it he will upgrade guns.

I'll let him pick out a 22lr rifle that I'll buy for him. Anything else will be his to buy when he is legal enough. That isn't to say I won't be letting him shoot mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom