Incredibly Hot Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Heat index....

Thats a number those global warming, climate change folks use to make the numbers look worse.

Gee, I was thinking you guys did not use air conditioning until the actual outside in the shade temps was tripple digits with no breeze!
I've said it for years, heat index and wind chill are only observed by humans. Machinery, animals, plants, all they know that exists is actual temperatures.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its-hot-damn-hot.gif

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heat index....

Thats a number those global warming, climate change folks use to make the numbers look worse.

Gee, I was thinking you guys did not use air conditioning until the actual outside in the shade temps was tripple digits with no breeze!

I've said it for years, heat index and wind chill are only observed by humans. Machinery, animals, plants, all they know that exists is actual temperatures.

Wind chill will affect pretty much any animal or humans. Wind chill can be very dangerous because the moving air will more rapidly remove heat from the body. It's exactly why a fan helps to cool you when you're hot. It will affect inanimate objects but only by lessening the amount of time it takes for that object to cool to the ambient air temp.

Heat index is real, also. At higher humidity levels your perspiration doesn't evaporate so it doesn't cool your body like it's supposed to. Therefore it seems hotter than it really is.

It's similar to the Wet Bulb temperature. Sustained exposure to a wet bulb temp above 95° is very dangerous to humans. At that temp the body loses the ability to shed heat and starts to absorb it from the environment.

I don't know if it's used by global climate change activists or not but it's a real measurement of the real affect of heat and moisture in the air. As a weather forecaster for the Air Force it was something we routinely briefed the wing commander on for those required to work outside...like on the flight line...in summer.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did dirt work and grass mowing yesterday and my friend got on his phone and said humidity was 100%
I know it was HOT and WET but can't confirm if that 100% number was accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom