Insomniacs anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second everything said here. Every morning I woke up I felt exhausted. Did a sleep study. Averaged 88 "events" an hour. Got a CPAP. Now I average 1 event an hour. Completely changed my life for the better. Possibly even saved my life. I have not slept 1 night without the CPAP since I got it. I have a portable power supply to run the machine at deer camp, when we go 4 wheeling in the Ozark mountains and in case of a power outage.
Yep, I ended up at the ER at the heart hospital in aFib. Doc told me that apnea got me there and I’ll be back if I don’t do something about it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sleep problems are from a very old back injury that causes bad neuropathy and RLS. Same old story every night. Get tired and sleepy, go to bed, toss and turn for a couple of hours, get up and fart around a little bit, go back to bed, toss and turn till 5 or 5:30-ish, sleep an hour or two, get up. It's extremely frustrating.

I've been seeing a neurologist in Norman and we finally settled on some meds that take away a good part of the leg issues, but hasn't helped me get to sleep.

I haven't had a sleep study yet...but my wife says I rarely snore and when I do it's more of deep-breathing type of snore and doesn't last long. A sleep study is on the agenda, though.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No problem I’ve got text books from physics and mathematics that will put you to sleep in 15 minutes , always worked going to college 😂

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a hard day on the skid steer, I generally start falling asleep on the couch about 8:30, but when I go to bed, my mind races about random stuff like the jobs I’m working on. I started taking melatonin, and it helps. However, when I wake up in the night to pee, I have some trouble going back to sleep, but I seem to be getting better at it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bet he knows my heart doc then, I'll have to ask for another test.
Who’s your heart doc? Norman, hennebry,Scott,ghani?
Most of them office in the same suite. All are probably partners in the study facility and Sleep Remedies where you get the machines

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bad case of sleep apnea. I did the test and was issued a machine. The machine put up so much pressure that I had trouble exhaling. So, I didn't another test with a Bpac machine, and they said it is what I need. I have to go back to the sleep doctor next Friday so Medicare will cover it. I hope it is worth it.
My mom did as well, she hatted the machine, she’s 86 now in memory care and hasn’t used it in 2 years…. She seems the same without all the complaining…… I’m sure they have value to you young bucks in your 70’s……
I don’t see where this was anything but a pain in her old age."…. Still kicking on a locked down with half the residents with a bug…

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
God bless @dlbleak…. My comments are what I’ve experienced in my decades of living.

I have upper respiratory issues all my life as well.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bet he knows my heart doc then, I'll have to ask for another test.
Across the tpike from Mercy and the Heart hospital. Dr John Wood is my pulmonologist. He’s part owner of the facility and his office is at the heart hospital.
Is that the old Oklahoma Pain Center or the newer hospital looking building?

Latest posts

Top Bottom