Insomniacs! Assemble!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sleep problems suck! My wife was a long-term insomniac (think fight club) and Ambien wouldn't put a dent in it. Trazadone made her doze off and then have nightmares. (known side effect)
Finally after I did some reading online, I asked her Dr about Seroquel. She has slept well for the last 5 yrs she's been on it.
I'm not sure about you young guys, but for the over 40 guys: Read up on Melatonin. It's not just for sleep, btw...

IMO, Seroquel is the DEVIL incarnate!
My Doc gave me a low dose 'script of it to try as a sleep aid and I didn't even make it past the first dose!
That's one anti-psychotic that did not agree with me AT ALL!
(think 'brownie' scene in the movie Dirty Work)
:D
Some folks seem to do well with it however....

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had insomnia for years. I've just learned to deal with it because I work goofy hours, up sometimes for a couple of days working, that prolly doesn't help.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My problem is a screwy schedule and sleep apnea, coupled with poor eating habits and too much stress. I take Melatonin and occasionally have to resort to Lunesta to get some decent rest. Unfortunately, if I have too much going on and can't take it early enough, I just have to gut it out and hope I get some sleep before I have to go to work. I'm gonna try to go to bed in a few, but it looks like one of those nights for me. :(

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lifelong vampire insomniac here. My mom said I was born just after midnight and was never a good nightime sleeper. Unlike JP the low dose Xanax Ive been on the last few years have helped me alot. Luckily being a musician, artist, and tattoo shop owner Ive been able to avoid working mainstream day jobs over 20 years now and have been able to work in the afternoons and evenings. Still sucks to always have to watch the sun come up and know I better hurry and get to my coffin before my skin catches on fire...

Latest posts

Top Bottom