You are

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cricket flower is pretty good, I’m shocked I like it. Has a nutty taste. Does probably cause cancer in CA
The exoskeletons of bugs are not meant for humans to eat...it is like wheat gluten on crack for some people. It is called chitin. It causes inflammation and allergic reactions, and yeah, maybe after 50yrs of it being in the food it could be known to be a carcinogen (I guess we are the unwilling guinea pigs of "Big Green" who is pushing all this stuff to stop cow farts).

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The exoskeletons of bugs are not meant for humans to eat...it is like wheat gluten on crack for some people. It is called chitin. It causes inflammation and allergic reactions, and yeah, maybe after 50yrs of it being in the food it could be known to be a carcinogen (I guess we are the unwilling guinea pigs of "Big Green" who is pushing all this stuff to stop cow farts).
People have been eating bugs around the world for eons, still do in South America and Africa. Not meant for human consumption is a bit overboard.

All the stuff I’ve seen with crickets in it are very clearly labeled. Ban shellfish too since they are closely related. As for me, I’ll keep eating shrimp.

To correct a on misunderstanding, no one is allergic to gluten despite popular belief. You can be intolerant of gluten or have celiac disease. You can be allergic to wheat, but no one is allergic to gluten.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People have been eating bugs around the world for eons, still do in South America and Africa. Not meant for human consumption is a bit overboard.

All the stuff I’ve seen with crickets in it are very clearly labeled. Ban shellfish too since they are closely related. As for me, I’ll keep eating shrimp.

To correct a on misunderstanding, no one is allergic to gluten despite popular belief. You can be intolerant of gluten or have celiac disease. You can be allergic to wheat, but no one is allergic to gluten.
Yes, in 3rd world countries with no decent supply chain. Bugs are an emergency protein source for humans, but we are genetically predisposed to retract from them for a reason. They are cheap protein, and a way to get rid of beef for the masses, but as always, there is an agenda behind it. Just because someone in Central America or Asia eats them doesn't mean we should be forced to as well. I'm sure steak would be on the menu more in the bug-eating societies if it were an option.

Having said that, if someone wants to try it (I might try it as a local dish if I was traveling), they are free to do so, but sneaking it in the food is "sneaky".

Latest posts

Top Bottom