Interesting Surgery Find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It amazes me how many people have had to get their gall bladder removed. I swear it is at least 50% of people I know (myself included). Glad to hear they got you patched up right before things went any more south. Mine was just a routine removal.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gall bladders can get nasty. Friend of mine had one similarly complex. Mayo Clinic did his, and he had a tough time with it. Not grown into the same parts as yours, but a real mess. He's fine now.

You really dodged a big bullet, and should be very thankful for your lifesaving wife. Congrats on surviving.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of what they told me mine would be.

I was warned that it could turn into what you experienced. Guy had me skeert to death before I left his office, but I'm glad he told me ... I'd have been really pissed if I'd woke up with a foot long scar instead of the three little bitty incisions I have. lol (Like that boob job didn't leave me with some hum-dingers in the "scars" department ... :D)

You don't really think about it, but I guess a gall bladder is really nothing to mess around with when it starts going on the fritz ... Mine sure did smart when it decided to start acting up ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank god and both your "good" doctors for the excellent job. Glad to hear both of you are doing well. They have mentioned my galbladder a few times. Now I am worrried.

Do NOT mess around with that thing. It's not worth the misery you will cause yourself. Change your diet and start exercising. If that doesn't work, get it taken care of. I spent WAY too much time suffering (and I mean REALLY hurting ...) for nothing. Most of the folks I know who've had their gall bladders removed say the same thing. They should have done it when the doctor first said "Out with that thing!"

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BadgeBunny, as a guy I just have to ask.. pain level.. which surgery would you say caused the most? ~ Thanks, Stick

Most definitely the breast reduction. If I'd known just how bad that was gonna be I might not have had it done, even though it helped dramatically with my headaches and neck pain (like to the tune of about an 80% decrease in headaches alone). I was commenting to the surgeon who did it during one post-op exam about how much trouble I was having recuperating and he told me that I was being unrealistic -- that I'd basically been sliced up and man-handled for about 4 hours, lost about a pint of blood and then stitched back up and sent on my merry way. He was right -- it took me a couple months before I started feeling better. Well, except for the headaches and they went away instantly ...)

My gall bladder was NOTHING like that. I was up and moving around the same day. I think I only took pain meds once and that was more for the headache they gave me (jimmied my neck around to get the endo tube down my throat. My funked up vertebrae were NOT happy about that!).

Now if my suture lines will just stop itching ... :lookaroun LOL

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day I woke up with severe pain in my stomach, kinda high up. It was so bad I could not help but involuntarily vocalize with loud moans. I have never experienced any pain like that in my life! I knew I had to go to ER. The nurse told me right away it was my gall bladder but they still made me endure many hours of other testing and saved the ultrasound for the last one. The tech said: "Yep, gall bladder is full of stones". Actually it ended up being gangrenous...I had no symptoms whatsoever before that day.

Have I mentioned before that Demerol is a helluva drug?

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most definitely the breast reduction. If I'd known just how bad that was gonna be I might not have had it done, even though it helped dramatically with my headaches and neck pain (like to the tune of about an 80% decrease in headaches alone). I was commenting to the surgeon who did it during one post-op exam about how much trouble I was having recuperating and he told me that I was being unrealistic -- that I'd basically been sliced up and man-handled for about 4 hours, lost about a pint of blood and then stitched back up and sent on my merry way. He was right -- it took me a couple months before I started feeling better. Well, except for the headaches and they went away instantly ...)

My gall bladder was NOTHING like that. I was up and moving around the same day. I think I only took pain meds once and that was more for the headache they gave me (jimmied my neck around to get the endo tube down my throat. My funked up vertebrae were NOT happy about that!).

Now if my suture lines will just stop itching ... :lookaroun LOL

O...K.... Now I think I can live with the man-boobs if going through that is what it takes to get rid of them! <JK>
I don't belong on the bra size index and my diet is making things better there anyway.
Thanks, Stick

Latest posts

Top Bottom