Interesting Surgery Find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day I woke up with severe pain in my stomach, kinda high up. It was so bad I could not help but involuntarily vocalize with loud moans. I have never experienced any pain like that in my life! I knew I had to go to ER. The nurse told me right away it was my gall bladder but they still made me endure many hours of other testing and saved the ultrasound for the last one. The tech said: "Yep, gall bladder is full of stones". Actually it ended up being gangrenous...I had no symptoms whatsoever before that day.

Have I mentioned before that Demerol is a helluva drug?

Sounds like you had a very close call SBeebe. Interesting that GB failure symptoms can be all over the place. Having regular blood work done is probably the best way that you can monitor your overall health.
Worst part of that is that if you ever have to deal with DLO, (blood work people) while the onsite help is great, their billing dept is not. Prepare for a headache!

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Happy New Year stick4! Glad you're still around. Party like a rockstar. :)
Thanks Vmoose but while some of that sounds very good, the old New Years rocker days in my memory involved some uncomfortable stomach cramps, saluting the porcelain throne, etc.
All things I couldn't handle after this surgery. Don't wanna think about it! <G> :drink: :puke: :uhh:

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Vmoose but while some of that sounds very good, the old New Years rocker days in my memory involved some uncomfortable stomach cramps, saluting the porcelain throne, etc.
All things I couldn't handle after this surgery. Don't wanna think about it! <G> :drink: :puke: :uhh:

Get back on that horse! One of the gifts of old age is no more hangovers. I hear it's because I've killed all those braincells.:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom