Intruders 0 - Homeowner's Son 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep mulling over the one that was shot outside. He couldn't have been shot first, or the other two wouldn't have went in. If he was shot last and was outside of the house at the time, I'm assuming (big word, I know) that it's going to be a lot tougher one to show justification for. Dunno. It will be interesting to see how all of this pans out.

I heard he was shot inside and fled to the outside, and then succumbed to his wounds in the driveway. :anyone:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep mulling over the one that was shot outside. He couldn't have been shot first, or the other two wouldn't have went in. If he was shot last and was outside of the house at the time, I'm assuming (big word, I know) that it's going to be a lot tougher one to show justification for. Dunno. It will be interesting to see how all of this pans out.
I think they've said he was shot in the kitchen with the others but made it just outside the back door before he collapsed. No idea tho I wasn't there. If he followed him outside then shot him as far as I know that's not a Stand Your Ground action. That's what got Ersland in trouble the most was what he did after the threat was over right?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's some pretty weak sauce right there.

Every "bad" kid, was a good kid at some point. They aren't born bad. Clyde Barrow & Jeffrey Dahmer were, at some point, good kids, right up to the point when they weren't.

Maybe take this opportunity to share with your son how important it is to not be stupid, or be involved in criminal acts, or have criminals as friends and associates. Hanging around with criminals leads to trouble, every time.

These "kids" broke into an occupied home. One where the residents were armed, and knew how to use those arms. It doesn't matter how "good" you believe this kid was at one time, he's dead because he became a criminal. Most folks aren't going to have a ton of sympathy for dead criminals. In fact, most folks will celebrate the early demise of a criminal. People are pretty sick of having their stuff stolen and their **** tore up by bad actors.

Instead of consoling your son on the loss of a friend that was a "good kid" and telling him what a bunch of neanderthals people are, maybe point out to him that this is how most people react when criminals are killed in the act of committing crime.

Death is not a reasonable punishment for someone stealing or vandalizing property.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with some of you people? OSA can get pretty douchey with the hollier than thou crowd. God knows I hung out with some kids in HS and after that went on to do stupid chit and even ended up in jail or now, dead. Trust me, at the time we weren't doing anything crazy or against the law. Things happen, kids change, anyone that believe otherwise is woefully ignorant. I've seen kids go both ways, the best of kids go south, and the worst of kids turn their life around. Doesn't happen all the time obviously, but it DOES happen.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How do you know he was shot outside, he may have been shot inside and died outside while trying to flee. He may have been behind the others and caught pass through rounds. That's what a crime scene investigator figures out.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're way out of line trying to tell me how to raise my kid. Did I suggest that your parenting was lacking in some way?

Maybe so. Not sure I was "telling" you anything, it was more of a suggestion.

Good teaching moments come along so seldom. This seems like a good one.

And, I don't have a kid that hangs around with burglars.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Death is not a reasonable punishment for someone stealing or vandalizing property.

When it's obvious that's all the perps are doing, you would be correct. But when they're armed and inside your home with unclear intentions? Death is a predictable outcome.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Actually it is, if they are stealing from or breaking into an occupied building or car, in fact the law says the criminals doing the stealing don't even have to be armed. Their mere presence in that occupied structure is sufficient for the victim to use deadly force.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they've said he was shot in the kitchen with the others but made it just outside the back door before he collapsed. No idea tho I wasn't there. If he followed him outside then shot him as far as I know that's not a Stand Your Ground action. That's what got Ersland in trouble the most was what he did after the threat was over right?

That's what I was wondering. I read an early report that just said "one outside and two inside", but it would make a lot more sense for him to have ran out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom