iPhone 4S and iOS 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usmc-1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has the 3g and the 4 and 4s have the same screen hasnt changed in 2 years , like most Apple products they give you alot of pizzazz , less specs under the hood , you pay twice as much for less , and still get less , I have a Windows phone 7 and the screens bigger ,does more for less , but to each his own , I also like 1911's you guys probably like Glocks!

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered the 4s since it cost $55 to fix the lock button. What case are you using? Magpul, Otterbox?

I have used both and both have pluses and minuses. I am about to try an Otterbox Reflex for port access. The Defender is bulky and the Magpul does not offer the level of screen pro I like.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in fact the screen did change between the 3G/S (480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 pip) and the 4/S (960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 pip). It literally doubled the resolution and is still competitive with a large majority of phones (i.e. compare the Galaxy SII @ 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel density))

Microsoft also wrote a nice article how the game of mobile technology isn't completely the game of packing the largest specs into the smallest package, its a large part designing an efficient OS that runs on the least amount of RAM. RAM is a large determinant of battery life since it is always drawing power, even in the sleep mode. Thats one major place where apple has done better the android is optimizing the iOS software for its hardware which android will NEVER do since it is designed to be a universal fit.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am due for an upgrade in June. Not sure if I want the new Bionic or the iphone. Keep talking fellas, I can't make up my mind.

In june, the field will be far different then now. I am sure the next big android will launch around then for a Summer target but word is that the next iPhone will be an october release again because it needs to be LTE capable and the chip that apple needs won't hit the presses till the summer in time for a Fall launch.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In june, the field will be far different then now. I am sure the next big android will launch around then for a Summer target but word is that the next iPhone will be an october release again because it needs to be LTE capable and the chip that apple needs won't hit the presses till the summer in time for a Fall launch.

Ah, thank you. I never know for sure what company is telling the truth. I am with Verizon and they boast the largest 4G LTE network, but who knows. And I do agree, there will be the greatest and latest phones out next summer.

J-leblanc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
VitruvianDoc said:
in fact the screen did change between the 3G/S (480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 pip) and the 4/S (960-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 pip). It literally doubled the resolution and is still competitive with a large majority of phones (i.e. compare the Galaxy SII @ 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~233 ppi pixel density))

Microsoft also wrote a nice article how the game of mobile technology isn't completely the game of packing the largest specs into the smallest package, its a large part designing an efficient OS that runs on the least amount of RAM. RAM is a large determinant of battery life since it is always drawing power, even in the sleep mode. Thats one major place where apple has done better the android is optimizing the iOS software for its hardware which android will NEVER do since it is designed to be a universal fit.

You know your stuff and your extremely right. It's not all about the highest specs but an efficient running iOS and quality phone. Android is an OS that anyone can slap In device so that means less support and accountability. Apple is now government approved secure for messaging, before it was just blackberry. Android will never be. The 4s is awesome bit iOS 5 is obviously still new so there will be updates soon I'm sure that will fix any bugs. Siri is sweet cause it does a lot for you and helps you get a lot done hands free. It's not really made to be a fun witty conversationalist. It's made to help get your tasks done without touching your phone. Also remember its still in beta form so it's only getting better within time and updates. So pretty much the new iPhone rocks. If you can't tell I'm a fan. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom