Is anyone else curious/concerned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABCnTul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on the internet quite a bit and I have been watching a lot of videos. Comet ISON, US FEMA camps, the govt shutdown. I'm usually not the type to buy into conspiracy theories but there is quite a lot of information out there that suggests this stuff may just be at least partially legit.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am more worried by the thought of a financial collapse. At least I believe there is a much greater chance of it.

ABCnTul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I 100% believe a financial collapse will occur during my lifetime and my current prepping situation is almost non existent due to financial constraints. But as far as planning and informational prepping I'm always trying to learn everything I can.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the dollar will crash and inflation will be mid to high double digits...if you can find anything to buy....have read that the Chinese are positionijg their "gold backed" money to become the worlds currency, and the major move is planned for 2015....smaller trade agreements are being negotiated and implemented right now...

dont know which to be the most afraid of...the mobs or the alphabet agencies....wait - I do know...its the acronym guys

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I 100% believe a financial collapse will occur during my lifetime and my current prepping situation is almost non existent due to financial constraints. But as far as planning and informational prepping I'm always trying to learn everything I can.

You really do not need to spend much to prep for most likely situations. When you go grocery shopping and find a canned good on sale, buy an extra and put it back. Rotate your stock as you get more. Ta-da your prepping.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I "prep" for tornados, ice storms, and GC's retirement. My grandpa told me one time that if you spend your life worrying about what might come your way, you'll miss out on what does come your way. He lived through (and survived the Great Depression). Lost every single thing he ever owned (except my grandmother and he said he tried as he might he just couldn't beat her off with a stick! :wink2:) ... When he died in the early 70s from lung cancer, he was a self-made millionaire back when being a millionaire actually meant you were pretty well off.

Anyway, if all that other stuff comes, it comes ... In the meantime, the things I do to make my life better now (gardening, keeping chickens and rabbits, rainwater harvesting -- if I can ever get that thing up and "running", etc.) will serve me well in the future also ... No matter what comes down the pike ...

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been on the internet quite a bit and I have been watching a lot of videos. Comet ISON, US FEMA camps, the govt shutdown. I'm usually not the type to buy into conspiracy theories but there is quite a lot of information out there that suggests this stuff may just be at least partially legit.

Don't let all the internet stuff scare you to death, it's like BB says prepare for what you 100% know can or has happened in your area. Like major storms, power outages etc Being prepared is not solely about doomsday prepping like the mainstream tv people want you to believe.
I understand that some people just don't have it in their budget to buy extras when they see them on sale, so take a look at what you do have. An extra change of clothing in a backpack or plastic sack if thats what you have, with a couple of bottles of water from your tap and a granola bar could make you seem like the richest guy in the world if you had it after your house was just blown off its foundation by a tornado.
Think of being prepared in very simple terms, you have a spare tire and jack in your car? boom your a prepper. ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom