Is anyone else curious/concerned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABCnTul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're getting a little off the topic. I'm partly to blame. I was just curious what everyone else thought if they had seen or heard about those things.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh, yes Ive seen them and some of them seem like they could be legit and some seem completely crazy. I just don't know what I could ever do about any of them so I just try to keep my head straight and mind my business.
If fema camps are real, I will not be going to one, the govt cant even run the dmv so no way in hell I would depend on them to run a whole camp.
If a comet or planet is going to come crashing into us (which this one is conceivable since it has happened before) I have no idea if even the best doomsday preppers could survive it.
govt shutdown? I could give two $hits. I'm not a govt tit sucker.

*edited to add* that I should clarify I dont think planets have hit earth before LOL just stuff like meteors etc.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TSgt Twitch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a news hound, I see the horizon and it is not pretty, I do not "prep" as in a traditional survivalist mindset, I learn, i study, and I practice my skills the best I can. Chickens, goats, cow, rabbits soon, gardening, dehydrating, eliminating waste in our foods, and general minimalized living, I enjoy shooting and I see it as a skill set to pass on to my children and wife, the wife enjoys cooking everything from scratch and preferably from our own garden she learns then passes the essentials on to me and our children. To us, life is becoming more about self reliance and the team work neccessary to get there. Rather you buy into a total collapse or you believe we are allready there ( I happen to think we are past the point of collapse and are just being propped up by false money), if you buy into the FEMA camps/regional breakouts, the DHS ammo purchases, the secret agenda's, the nsa spying the suspension of habious corpus via the NDAA signed by bush and expanded by Obama, the natural resources protection act, and all the other EO's. is of little consequence, the fact is tragedy in a small form or large can come at any time, and I would rather be the one in the garden picking my food, or in the barn "harvesting" and animal than standing in a line behind a truck waiting for my commodities hand out. I would also hope my family is prepared to protect said garden and animals from others whom believe it is easier to steal than to produce or stand in that same line.

Wild fires will happen
Tornado's will happen
earthquakes will happen (16 mini quakes in the last 2 days)
job loss may happen
disability may happen (or has in my personal case)
one must both develop their own island while building bridges to others of similar minds to ensure the biggest chance at normalcy after any of these.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP - Babba's stated agenda points to the possibility / probability of economic collapse, implementation of martial law and Babba becoming The One True Messiah, Generalissimo, El Presidente for Life.

We prep for storms, power outages and possibility of civil uprising / riots.

We stock non-perishable food stuffs when on sale. We raise chickens, cows, and pigs because we believe it to be healthier, as we control what they are fed and it saves us money. The same for gardening and canning. We save rainwater to save money, it is easy and cheap.

We do what we do to be self-sufficient and 'prep' for whatever storm may come and; hopefully, enjoy a long, healthy retirement.

Dodahdude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there would be a #1, economic implosion or #2, our currency was to change to the Chinese currency... and if everyone has prep'ed accordingly... We all will still have to pay tax's on our properties. So if the "Farm" is ready to live off of then how would one pay the man his tax? Remember the 1929 depression where no one had money. Thousands were displaced from their properties and stood in food lines. So how would one prep for the economic preparedness?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there would be a #1, economic implosion or #2, our currency was to change to the Chinese currency... and if everyone has prep'ed accordingly... We all will still have to pay tax's on our properties. So if the "Farm" is ready to live off of then how would one pay the man his tax? Remember the 1929 depression where no one had money. Thousands were displaced from their properties and stood in food lines. So how would one prep for the economic preparedness?

In addition to items that can be sold (silver, gold, lead, brass, copper, etc)

I would assume that if the currency standard that taxes are collected in suddenly changed, then the currency you had in the banks would change also. I'm not sure how many laws would have to be passed to change the currency of the land, but I'm no expert.

Then, the tax man would have to change what he accepts as payment for taxes. If he accepts dollars, then cash dollars or check dollars or electronic dollars should work. I'm not sure how many laws would have to be changed to not allow payment by check or cash. I'm also not sure if the tax man could or would require payment in cash (trying to circumvent your ability to pay in the event of bank closures) due to security issues.

Some interesting discussion of this in Thomas Sherry's "Deep Winter".
Yes, it is fiction, but it was the first time I saw this particular idea discussed out.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom