Is Being “In Shape” Important?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Absolutely important, I would add that a bit training in actual combatives should be a goal as well. You don't have to be a Jujitsu black belt, but some legitimate boxing/MMA classes should be seriously considered unless you have medical conditions that just won't allow it.. There's a lot of things that can happen to you that won't necessarily warrant deadly force.

You're not going to be able to shoot someone just for hitting, need at least some familiarity with a level of force between a strong word and a gun.

Reaction score
Wow, that is a terrible experience for sure!

It is also completely opposite to my experience over the past 6 years. I am really glad you shared though, because it really shows there is no magic answer for everyone. We all have to find what provides our highest quality of life and roll with it regardless of what someone elses anecdote tells us we should be doing.
Definitely not my experience either. I went from driving with my front bumper firmly planted in the trunk of whoever got in front of me to doing 1-5 over in the slow lane listening to jazz. I even weaned myself off Lexapro.

However, that definitely does go to show how much it can effect your general temperament and personality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom