Is Being “In Shape” Important?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m 6’ 265 and have been into bodybuilding my entire life. TRT changed my life after I finished having kids. If you’re done with your sperm, I encourage every man alive to get on TRT. Test levels should not be 500. Get them to 1000 and you’ll feel 10,000 times better.

On the note of being in shape. Ive changed my mind since I have been an Officer. Ive been in plenty of fights with in shape dudes who run all the time with six packs who are useless because they don’t have violence in their hearts. I would take a violent person over an “in shape” guy any day.

There are two people I never want to be in a fight with. Neither of them look like me. They’re in decent enough shape, but you wouldn’t look at them twice.

If you’re in decent shape but you’re filled with violence in your heart, you’re more dangerous than those with six packs who “run 6 miles a day.”

I’ve never been in a fight for longer than 2 minutes. Too many cops rely on their belt tools too much. They’re weak and indecisive. PT tests and medical tests tell you very little about an individual other than if they have enough discipline to get into a gym. The more violent person will win 9/10 times over the better equipped person. Violence is what matters. It just so happens that the most violent people are usually in good shape. Lol

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been in plenty of fights with in shape dudes who run all the time with six packs who are useless because they don’t have violence in their hearts. I would take a violent person over an “in shape” guy any day.

That is very true. When I worked at the sheriff's department I had a reputation of being too quick to go hands-on with people I'd arrest who didn't want to be arrested. But the same lazy f**ks who wanted to criticize me for being too aggressive NEVER complained when they needed help and I showed up.

When I left the SO and went to a PD I was the Golden Boy. I thought that was very odd. At the SO I could rarely do right...at the PD, just the opposite. By the end of my first year there I was on the SWAT team, a firearms instructor and shift supervisor...and I didn't do my job any differently.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Testosterone replacement therapy.

I absolutely agree. 6 years ago, I was so lethargic I would nod off waiting on a traffic light to turn green. Started seeing my wellness doctor, got on a routine of monitoring blood work, TRT, a few supplements for things I couldnt address with diet and lifestyle changes, etc. and I have felt like a completely different person. Getting COVID last fall definitely put me back several steps in the energy and focus department, but we are reviewing my second round of bloodwork this week to see what is going on. My previous labs kind of looked like hypothyroidism (Hashimoto's), but some other things jumped way out of trend as well so I doubled down on monitoring my diet, getting ramped back up on routine exercise, more time outside, etc. Fingers crossed we can just address the thyroid thing and I will be back to feeling great again.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, fighting shape.

What kind of fighting are we talking about, self defense or sport fighting.

Different types of fighting require different types of training.

A self defense fight is a sprint, a sport fight is a marathon combined with occasional sprints.

A self defense fight requires instantaneous maximum power, walking and jogging won't get you there.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
joke-jk.gif
I thought it might be

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My doc said normal testosterone levels are between 350-900 and if you keep your numbers in that range while on TRT there is zero elevated risk of prostate cancer. My level tested at 152 and after getting shots now for a couple years every two weeks I’m still around 650 which is the sweet spot. The Mrs was patient with me because let me tell ya, get TRT and you’ll revert back to a 16 year old horndog for a good while.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m 6’ 265 and have been into bodybuilding my entire life. TRT changed my life after I finished having kids. If you’re done with your sperm, I encourage every man alive to get on TRT. Test levels should not be 500. Get them to 1000 and you’ll feel 10,000 times better.

On the note of being in shape. Ive changed my mind since I have been an Officer. Ive been in plenty of fights with in shape dudes who run all the time with six packs who are useless because they don’t have violence in their hearts. I would take a violent person over an “in shape” guy any day.

There are two people I never want to be in a fight with. Neither of them look like me. They’re in decent enough shape, but you wouldn’t look at them twice.

If you’re in decent shape but you’re filled with violence in your heart, you’re more dangerous than those with six packs who “run 6 miles a day.”

I’ve never been in a fight for longer than 2 minutes. Too many cops rely on their belt tools too much. They’re weak and indecisive. PT tests and medical tests tell you very little about an individual other than if they have enough discipline to get into a gym. The more violent person will win 9/10 times over the better equipped person. Violence is what matters. It just so happens that the most violent people are usually in good shape. Lol
i thought that last line was going to say "it just so happens that the most violent people are usually officers."

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My doc said normal testosterone levels are between 350-900 and if you keep your numbers in that range while on TRT there is zero elevated risk of prostate cancer. My level tested at 152 and after getting shots now for a couple years every two weeks I’m still around 650 which is the sweet spot. The Mrs was patient with me because let me tell ya, get TRT and you’ll revert back to a 16 year old horndog for a good while.
and cue my post in that thread about "findom"......

Latest posts

Top Bottom