Is It Oklahoma's Time To Shine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the comments under the video...
1681860156034.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
The railroad companies have neglected the rail systems for decades simply collecting the money and not caring about the system. This has started coming to a head with all the recent derailments. The Fed, of course, is allowing the rail companies to get away with this because of generous "donations" from the railroads. Unfortunately, the individual states have little input on this matter.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The railroad companies have neglected the rail systems for decades simply collecting the money and not caring about the system.
Some of them have, but some have stayed on top of the maintenance. My uncle spent his career doing right of way maintenance for the BNSF, and I’ve seen lots of evidence of the railroads doing the maintenance in Oklahoma.

I’ve also seen videos of rails that would curl your hair. There’s one I saw a few years back (in Alabama or Mississippi, IIRC, but owned by a Canadian railroad) where the train was wobbling so much that it had to crawl along. If it had been stick rail instead of modern ribbon rail, it sure as shootin’ would’ve been a derail, as the rails were the only thing holding it all together.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the time of year when MOW-Eng is pulling their hair out. Any time there’s a twenty degree swing in temp the track supe has to ride
it to maintain posted track speed. It would blow your mind to see how far continuous welded rail can run. Especially when you start getting actual rail temps in the 120-150 degree range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom