The Shining ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw it as a young boy, wasn’t until I saw it again around 21 years old that I understood red rum…

Yeah ... After seeing it the other night I'm kinda surprised at the people I know who let their little kids watch it every Halloween ... 🤷🤷 My kids are STILL mad at me because I wouldn't let them watch Beavis and Butthead when they were kids ... 🤷🤷 Not that it did any good. Lol They are all three incorrigible ... 🤦🤦

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only 1 movie was good that had a cameo of steven king in it, that was "Creepshow." Movies that were books written by steven king that were good were "Christine" and "The Dark Half." Please note there was no steven king cameo in those. His cameo's are the kiss of death to movies based on his books.
I thought the 1994 version of The Stand was excellent. It is my favorite SK movie. Actually, it was a TV mini-series but what the hell?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not seen the shining all the way through, just bits and pieces.
For me, the story just was not very interesting. I found it hard to watch and finished it in stages. There were a couple of other very popular movies I did like this as well. When I said this on the forums for these films on the old IMDb, I was called a troll.

Ah well; such is life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom