Is SportsWorld the Best Gun store in Tulsa area ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best, no; the largest, yes. I beleive they were the best when they were at the old London Square strip mall on Lewis location.

I bought a couple of hand guns there back in the day. Probably mid 80's. At that time, they were as fairly priced as anyone around. That was a very tiny store, but they had some really nice stuff crammed in there.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is Sportsworld the best gun store in the Tulsa area for price and selection or am I missing out on a place or 2?

Good:

Action Arms - Ran by two good guys with decent pricing lots of suppressors
SCI - Great owners, decent selection and pricing, great safes.
SoonerGuns - Owner can be a bit grumpy but his wife is really nice
2A - Selection is ok, needs to be better, but friendly people
Woodland Sports - Pricing on handguns is a bit off, really good suppressor selection and has quality AR parts.

Bad:
Dongs: If you gotta have ammo, this is where you'll probably find it. Decent prices on guns but the way they display them is retarded. The owner is an arsehole.

Ugly:

Tulsa Firearms - wouldn't step foot in there if you paid me.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dongs 1, .SCI 2 and alot of small shops and even pawnshops.3 never sports world owner is a ass monkey .been to Dongs for 45 years never had a problem.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you include Broken Arrow and Bixby into the area, then I would recommend Crusader Tactical in BA (101st and S. Elm Pl.) and SCI Bixby (151st St. west of Memorial.) I've dealt with both and they are good people with a nice selection of guns. Crusader tactical is trying to be more of an AR parts store and has a decent selection and, of course, SCI has safes.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave at Dong's is not a people person, but I needed an SKS stock and when I asked him, he had one and gave it to me for free.
They are good people been going there my whole life when the old man was still around he taught me alot now his daughter and son-in-law have it its always my first stop.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had anyone at Dong's treat me in a way where I felt I just had to go back. Mostly what I run into there is an attitude of indifference which has prevented me from considering them a must go to store. Consequently the only time I go to Dong's is when they are the only place that has what I'm looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom