Is the road to Red Castle clear of snow / ice??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My son is home from OSU and would like to shoot this week .Has anyone made the trip out since the snow ??What is the drive like ? I have a 2 wheel drive pickup. thanks

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if the roads have been cleared. Without prior knowledge, I'd be hesitant to try those hills just inside the gate and next to the plinking range, especially without 4WD. Maybe you can treat your son to a day at USSA?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe its closed for a few days.
That steep hill down into the main range is the last thing to thaw.
If they let you in the main gate, the wobble trap is as far as you could probably go without at least 4wd and preferably chains.

if you go, take some change for the pop & candy machines and I think I left a tv dinner in the freezer. you might have to stay a while.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was out there working today. (Monday) Main road is clear except for 100 yards from Red Castle sign to plinking range. The road to cowboy range is slick (would stay off it) and a lot of snow. Some snow drifts in parking lots but no big deal.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out there working today. (Monday) Main road is clear except for 100 yards from Red Castle sign to plinking range. The road to cowboy range is slick (would stay off it) and a lot of snow. Some snow drifts in parking lots but no big deal.
Do you know making it to the Clubhouse is going to be possible quite yet? Just want to know if we can wash our hands after shooting or use the restroom.

Thanks for posting the info..

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wed feb 3rd

couple guys got in yesterday afternoon when it was slushy. this morning I went out and it was too slick for me.
once you start sliding on that hill theres no stopping til you go in the ditch or hit a tree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom