Why not get a bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Some great riding
Oklahoma is a terrible state for owning a motorcycle that isn't a couch cushion on top of an engine measured in cubic inches instead of cc.

In other words - the fat boys rolling around on loud cruisers just kind of makes sense here since any other kind of riding is pretty much out of reach.

Lots of flat and straight roads, severe winds except for maybe 2 weeks in spring, 2 weeks in fall... You can make it work on a lightweight bike but it gets tiring trying to fight the wind...

Take the MSF course which will teach you proper fundamentals and also get you an insurance discount.
Lots of great riding in SE and NE Ok as well as NW Arkansas. Might be a bit far for some Harley riders but I once rode to Eureka Springs for lunch and back on my BMW R1200RT. I think the best motorcycle road I’ve ever ridden is Hwy 123 in Arkansas. Not 23 which is pretty nice but 123. Ride it in the fall and it’s beautiful. All around Jasper AR is great riding in any direction.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never really understood looking for places to ride. I rode because money saved and i enjoyed it no matter the road.

I spend a lot of time in the woods so riding to look at trees in the fall was not on my list as in the fall I need to pack out Deer or fish.
I did pack out a lot of fish on my bike though.
Not for hunting areas where someone can toss it in the back of a truck and be gone.

But I am not one that needs to be in a group of riders either i was happy riding by myself.
I was asked to join some biker club that my MIL and FIL are in and I said NO thanks.

I do not want to join a club of any kind this OSA deal is as close to a club as I care to get.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I never really understood looking for places to ride. I rode because money saved and i enjoyed it no matter the road.

I spend a lot of time in the woods so riding to look at trees in the fall was not on my list as in the fall I need to pack out Deer or fish.
I did pack out a lot of fish on my bike though.
Not for hunting areas where someone can toss it in the back of a truck and be gone.

But I am not one that needs to be in a group of riders either i was happy riding by myself.
I was asked to join some biker club that my MIL and FIL are in and I said NO thanks.

I do not want to join a club of any kind this OSA deal is as close to a club as I care to get.
A lot of people don’t. Those that know, know. I’ve ridden thousands of miles by myself. Central OK has a few good roads that are fun to ride. Hwy 77 north of Guthrie, Slaughterville Road to Hwy 102 South. Several others within a few minutes. @GC7 must not have gotten out much.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Best ride I ever had was the Road To The Sun in MT, oh and Beartooth Pass north out of Redlodge MT, that was spectacular
Those are some great roads. I once had the chance to ride glacier national Park the week before they closed the road for the winter and pretty much rode back-and-forth all day with almost no traffic. I have also ridden beartooth pass and chief joseph highway both directions 3 times. In case you can’t sleep I’ve got a lot of riding videos on YouTube at Pstmstr. Everyone brags about Tail of the Dragon but I thought it’s just a bunch of curves with not much of a view. Lots of other roads out there in Maggie Valley though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are some great roads. I once had the chance to ride glacier national Park the week before they closed the road for the winter and pretty much rode back-and-forth all day with almost no traffic. I have also ridden beartooth pass and chief joseph highway both directions 3 times. In case you can’t sleep I’ve got a lot of riding videos on YouTube at Pstmstr. Everyone brags about Tail of the Dragon but I thought it’s just a bunch of curves with not much of a view. Lots of other roads out there in Maggie Valley though.
We made it into Canada for a short while but the road and scenery went down hil some so we went back South.

Latest posts

Top Bottom