Why not get a bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm wanting an older Harley Dyna Wide-glide. Love the style and soft bags look.
A few more billls to pay off and I may pull the trigger.

1691355228648.png

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have rode all of my life. My dad got me started when I was about one year old.
My last group ride was with my cousins and a fleet of Honda CBR1000R’s that we took over thru Gravett, Bentonville Arkansas and back.
After a fantastic day out I hung it up for keeps.
I really don’t know if there’s anything I’d rather do in this life than go “stands up” on a bike.
But all the wrecks eventually catch up with you and I just can’t smash and slide one of them in again.
For those who must go I’d offer this advice.
1. Take a riding class taught by professionals every year. Like offered by TPD, the motorcycle crew at the pd are experts and I guarantee you’ll get skills from spending time training with them.
2. Wear the protective gear every time you ride no matter how hot or uncomfortable it may be.
If you rack up the miles sooner or later you’re going to wreck or get plowed by a car and you’ll be glad you had it on.
3. A bike ain’t your car, if sh#t falls off you’re gonna have an issue! Pull the preventative maintenance.
There’s nothing like a motorcycle, it’s the closest thing we have to flight which is above it all.
Nothing like cruising at 60mph
Nothing like passing 150mph
Riding a wheelie
First 10 second pass
The ride over the winding stair mountains
Anyway, those of you that ride, stay safe!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have rode all of my life. My dad got me started when I was about one year old.
My last group ride was with my cousins and a fleet of Honda CBR1000R’s that we took over thru Gravett, Bentonville Arkansas and back.
After a fantastic day out I hung it up for keeps.
I really don’t know if there’s anything I’d rather do in this life than go “stands up” on a bike.
But all the wrecks eventually catch up with you and I just can’t smash and slide one of them in again.
For those who must go I’d offer this advice.
1. Take a riding class taught by professionals every year. Like offered by TPD, the motorcycle crew at the pd are experts and I guarantee you’ll get skills from spending time training with them.
2. Wear the protective gear every time you ride no matter how hot or uncomfortable it may be.
If you rack up the miles sooner or later you’re going to wreck or get plowed by a car and you’ll be glad you had it on.
3. A bike ain’t your car, if sh#t falls off you’re gonna have an issue! Pull the preventative maintenance.
There’s nothing like a motorcycle, it’s the closest thing we have to flight which is above it all.
Nothing like cruising at 60mph
Nothing like passing 150mph
Riding a wheelie
First 10 second pass
The ride over the winding stair mountains
Anyway, those of you that ride, stay safe!
Take a.class yes, the rest of this is horseshit if your a defensive driver to begin with and ride like every car is out to kill you.
But kool.story...

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a low miles used Honda NC700x. ~70mpg, low center of gravity, decent onboard storage without bags etc, and maintenance is cheap. They're only about 40hp but can defiantly hold their own on the highway and will run 80+ MPH without an issue. I run 60/40 tires and take it off road (mostly trails and farm roads) frequently. I put on an average of 7k+ miles a year on mine and it just keeps going.

Keeping in mind that I came from sport bikes, I can definitively say this is the favorite bike I've ever ridden. Not fast but not slow and probably the closest thing you can honestly get to "practical" in a motorcycle.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a low miles used Honda NC700x. ~70mpg, low center of gravity, decent onboard storage without bags etc, and maintenance is cheap. They're only about 40hp but can defiantly hold their own on the highway and will run 80+ MPH without an issue. I run 60/40 tires and take it off road (mostly trails and farm roads) frequently. I put on an average of 7k+ miles a year on mine and it just keeps going.

Keeping in mind that I came from sport bikes, I can definitively say this is the favorite bike I've ever ridden. Not fast but not slow and probably the closest thing you can honestly get to "practical" in a motorcycle.
I really liked the NC700X. Shoulda bought the last one offered to me

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Are these the bikes with automatics?

Latest posts

Top Bottom