Why not get a bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma is a terrible state for owning a motorcycle that isn't a couch cushion on top of an engine measured in cubic inches instead of cc.

In other words - the fat boys rolling around on loud cruisers just kind of makes sense here since any other kind of riding is pretty much out of reach.

Lots of flat and straight roads, severe winds except for maybe 2 weeks in spring, 2 weeks in fall... You can make it work on a lightweight bike but it gets tiring trying to fight the wind...

Take the MSF course which will teach you proper fundamentals and also get you an insurance discount.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen Brother!! :mosh:
Oh, it happens.....one
2017-02-16 09.14.42.jpg
of my many February birthday rides.

Last edited:

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve heard people say that some bikes are too tall for them, and I have that concern with dirt and dual sport bikes. I’m only 5’9” with a 30” inseam. Would I be able to make a bike of this flavor work for me? Or will I need to get creative?

Could I put the dual sport tires on anything and be able to just go off road, with the only issues being gearing and ground clearance? Or is there more to it?
You can buy a lowering link to lower a bike.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can also carve some of the foam from the seat and even remove some of the back support foam and sit back farther if you got a 250 Rebel.
I made all my seats fit my butt.
I made Lexan windshields 3 times also. I like a windshield.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We were originally asking $1K each or $1,500 for the pair (neither was running and one was partially disassembled), and someone agreed to buy them at that price, but never forked over with the money. We ended up selling them to a friend of the family for a total of $1,000.

It wouldn't have taken much to get them running, but we only had a title for the complete bike (my dad's), which hadn't been ridden in 20 years. The other belonged to my mom's cousin's husband, so I'm pretty sure my dad had the title for it, but we couldn't find it. He (the cousin's husband) is still alive, so we probably could've gotten a replacement title, but time was a luxury we didn't have.
Oh man, wish you had listed them here!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, it happens.....one View attachment 399348of my many February birthday rides.
Well I wanted pics of your bike , not your mug LOL. Been seriously thinking about getting back to riding and have been looking at bikes almost as much as watches and guns LOL. Cannot make up my mind if I want a duel sport or a cruiser. Been missing this bike. VTX 1300.
1691278518254.jpeg

hbokc

Marksman
Reaction score
I have about a 12 miles in 12 miles back home commute stop sign every every mile unless I get on the interstate and was thinking about something between 350 and 600 Yamaha or Kawasaki…
Any suggestions???

Latest posts

Top Bottom