Why not get a bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the bike thing is gonna have to wait. I think my tranny is crapping the bed. Already rebuilt the engine from a short block. Replaced half the A/C system. All due to manufacturer defects/poor design. Words cannot express how much I hate my truck, with 126k miles on the dash, I have spent more in the past 50,000 miles repairing/keeping this truck running than every other vehicle I have ever driven in my 20 years of driving. Combined. I’ve owned 4 GM products including this truck, and have always been a big fan.

Never again. My wife will never own another GM product, I will never own another GM product, and I will never contribute towards my children or grand children owning a GM product.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rode motorcycles to save money on the fuel bill.
My bikes were cheap to buy.
400 for my LTD 400 I also had a honda hawk 400 2 speed it was $400.
V45 magna 2 years old 1600 miles on it cost me 1600 36 MPG.

V65 Magna I spent 200 for it 36 MPG and all those bikes needed was carbs cleaned and tires.

Money savers.
Now is a $4000 36 MPG bike a money saver?
Not for me today as my Toyota cars get 30+ MPG.

Back then when I used bikes for saving money my cars got 15 for the Nova 18 for the Olds or the Buick.
27 MPG For the Mustang which the wife drove.
None of my cars then had OD transmissions and all of them were carbureted and dead nuts reliable.

Put "ALL" the math to the end result and see if you really will save coin.
I would get another bike or fix the wifes V45 but it would not save me anything and she no longer rides.
My boys have asked about it though.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold mine when I moved to tuttle and got a bigger mortgage, wife and step son.
Prior to that I would ride the back highways without traffic for fun. I road to Canada and back 2 times that way, back in 96-97
Best fun ever.
I road for years . Spent almost an hour in a cop car in OKC . stopped because I did not have a helmet on . Told cops I lived at Tuttle & was not required to ware one in OKC. There were 2 cars & 4 cops there . One beautiful September day rode to work in jeans & jacket. It came a cold front I was chillded to the bone 6 miles East of Tuttle. Stopped behind the big Bank . Got down in front of the motor wrapped the jacket around the warm running motor & got warm.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I rode street bikes I always expected cars to pull out in front of me. They very rarely let me down. Defensive riding a bike on the street will get you hurt.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me back in about 96

IMG_0100.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom