It’s Thanksgiving, What is one thing you’re really thankful for this year ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am most thankful for my family including my lady Kim who is a freaking rock star !! God has really blessed me with her !!
I am thankful for God and all his
love and salvation every day for sure, it’s just that I’m 60 yrs old and this will be the first Thanksgiving I’ve helped host in my whole life ( it’s at her house but I’m here with her helping her!) I grew up in a rough childhood and by rights and stats I should be dead in prison or have 4-5 kids all with different moms and paying past due child support for the rest of my life! I remember one thanksgiving sitting at home in Plainview Texas I was 12-13 yrs old eating saltine crackers and drinking water not knowing where my dad was and it just happened to be very cold that day and I couldn’t walk anywhere. I have gone to some of my family’s houses a few times over the years but it always included me driving 6-10 hrs to get there and then back and never could stay long do it kinda sucked.
I’m not complaining about my past just looking forward to a great future and a feast with lots of good people today including my kid and both grandkids included in, I hope all you good people have a wonderful day and are blessed beyond measure!!!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ama thanjful for the Lord and the fact-not hope that I have an eternity with Him, my wife and in retrosepct, I look back at my poverty stricken childhood and whaat I have now I am blessed out of my socks. Sometimes I feel guilty that I have so much "stuff." And the stuff isn't at all important, a true relationship with the Lord is paramount especially with the shape the world is in at present. I've never seen it so wicked and evil.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't stop at one- Our Good Lord has watched over me for 68 plus years now and I praise him a lot for that. I am still an active Realtor and go all over the metro and the country. Metro traffic is a bugger and country traffic has oil field- farming- wind mill and just road work everywhere. I ask for safe trips and get them almost everyday. From a kid who grew up in pretty modest means, we have managed to put a buck or two away and I praise God for that. Now if He will just help us stay healthy, I will have hit a grand slam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom