Italian restaurant.....HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is also, Giacomo's, just on the South end of McAlester and Lovara's Italian market in Krebs that sells the sauces and sausages. Mmm, piggy!! You can get the italian sausage from Lovara's at the Crescent Market in Nichols Hills Square. But as SPD67 said, Awesome food and any of those joints.

Years ago, I would eat at Giacomo's and it was always great. I ate at Pete's a couple of times, but they only sold in house beer. I tried all the beer and it all sucked. Things may have changed by now. Both had great food.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought of one more good place in north OKC: Vitos, on the west side of May around 73rd street...in a little strip mall...nice and cozy and quite good too.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is Papa Dio's at Hefner and Britton. South of the intersection on the East side of May. It's tucked in behind the Winchells (sp?) doughnut shop. Really tasty. They have a lobster ravioli that will knock your socks off. Good wine list and full bar as well if you partake in beverages.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Petes Place is great, if you want to drive that far. When we go we get a room on 40 somewhere because we're usually too sleepy to drive back home. Plus the wife gets the Choc beer. Great sausages,sauce,pickled things are to be had at Loveras and we always stop in and bring stuff back home like my dad did when I was a kid. There also is a big Italian festival there in the spring,google it for a date,and another nearby in Tontitown,Ark later in the summer. The restaurants in Krebs and Tontitown are all authentic being run by descendants of immigrants. I have been to both cities restaurants with Italians and they raved.

Napolis depends on which one you go to. Since I live near Broken Arrow I go to the one in Broken Arrow and it is just fine with me. Great salads,entrees,and a really good Tiramisu(my fave).

In Tulsa there is Ti Amos,Marys,a place JB spoke of out by the West side mall,and quite a few other places. A friend of mine is a violinist who goes around to the tables playing at some place,cant remember the name.

In Des Moines I go to The Latin King for authentic Italian,Ive been there with Italians and they love the place; as well as a few other places run by descendants of Italians who moved there early 1900s. There is also a Buca diBeppos in Des Moines but the one in San Francisco is the best of all the ones Ive been to. Not sure but there may be one in Kansas City maybe, or Dallas,no idea. Check their website. Its for sure a cool experience but take alot of people as it is northern peasant style and they bring huge bowls of everything.

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to work @ Pete's place in krebs...it depends on what dish you like: Gnocci/lasagna = Rossana's
Chicke/egg plant parm = Pete's
Mannicotti = The Isle of capri

Also there is Lovera's Italian grocery in Krebs...best cheese, and sausage ever.

In the metro = Gabarino's in Norman...on the west side...off main st.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is also, Giacomo's, just on the South end of McAlester and Lovara's Italian market in Krebs that sells the sauces and sausages. Mmm, piggy!! You can get the italian sausage from Lovara's at the Crescent Market in Nichols Hills Square. But as SPD67 said, Awesome food and any of those joints.

Ate at all of 'em and prefer Giacomo's. Lovera's is a nice little store also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom