it's Fall ... We need a beef jerky thread ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just put sliced up 5 pounds of roast and stuck it in the fridge to marinate ... Never tried this recipe before so I'm hoping it turns out good. We'll know tomorrow when I fire up the dehydrator ... cuz I can tell by the smell whether I'm gonna like it or GC is gonna get it all (GC doesn't care what it tastes like, if it's beef jerky he'll eat it ... :disappoin) ...

1 TBLS EACH -- black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, onion powder, paprika
1/2 bottle soy sauce
1 bottle worchestershire sauce
As much Frank's hot sauce as you think you can stand ... :naughty:

I cut my meat thinner that most folks ... about 1/4 inch thick. It'll marinade over night and I'll bake it in the oven at 200F until it's not all drippy, then stick it in the dehydrator until it's done.

That's all ... All that's left to do is wait ... :coffee2:

I've got some ginger mellowing right now so I can pickle it, too ... :rubhands:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine uses elk or deer

Equal parts of Soy and Teriyaki sauce, some Worcestershire sauce.

Marinate for about an hour, lay out on the dehydrator trays, then sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder, etc on the wet meat. Then dry.
The spices are much more pronounced with this method than making a slurry of spices in the marinade.

Cuts are 1/4" thick. I like mine slightly chewy, not break off dry. Good stuff.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use, crushed black pepper, salt, bunch of liquid smoke. I use venison cut thin or about a 1/4 inch. Fill up my dehydrated and gobble it up as it comes out.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This was a very timely thread. I just sliced up the backstraps from the wifes buck. We do equal parts:

Soy Sauce
Worcerstchier sauce
Lawry's Tariyaki Marinade
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp cracked pepper
1 tsp salt

I let the marinade do all the hard work. let it soak for 24 hours in the fridge then it goes wet into the dehydrator. We sprinkle jalapeno powder on every other tray for a little kick,

Wished they photographed better. my cam makes it look a little yellow, but the kitchen smells like heaven.

[Broken External Image]

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... I think I might try that Lawry's then. I've seen it but been a little hesitant. Although I have some powdered ginger I need to use ... hmmmm ... now you've got me to thinking I need to go to Sam's and get another roast ... LOL

I've only put it in the dehydrator wet once. God, what a mess ... It's easier to clean the cookie sheets and cooling racks than it is to clean out that danged dehydrator. I should have gotten the white one instead of the black one ... can't see anything inside that puppy ... :nolike:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use, crushed black pepper, salt, bunch of liquid smoke. I use venison cut thin or about a 1/4 inch. Fill up my dehydrated and gobble it up as it comes out.

THIS is an issue when GC is around ... If I do 5 pounds, he eats 5 pounds. If I do 10 pounds, then ... well ... he eats 10 pounds. The man turns into a crack whore when he smells it in the dehydrator ... lol

I don't make jerky so much to keep as I do to keep GC from buying the stuff at the store that costs a small fortune ... :P

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
......can i has some too?.......pwease? lol

But jerky sounds like a good snack......dangit im hungry brb i have to go raid the kitchen hahahaha

Latest posts

Top Bottom