it's Fall ... We need a beef jerky thread ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This pic looks like 'sock worshing day' at my house.

Yup. have to admit, the pic is just terrible. Do I need to take it down? I mean, it looks great in person. and the sweet smell that was drifting up from that bowl was heavenly. Unfortunately, the picture makes it look like I just dunked chunks of meat in a bowl of iodine. There's something about mixing dark sauces and red meat, I guess it just doesn't photograph well.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. have to admit, the pic is just terrible. Do I need to take it down? I mean, it looks great in person. and the sweet smell that was drifting up from that bowl was heavenly. Unfortunately, the picture makes it look like I just dunked chunks of meat in a bowl of iodine. There's something about mixing dark sauces and red meat, I guess it just doesn't photograph well.

Nah. Just remember that you have a giant bowl of beef jerky in the works. Victory is yours!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I was thinking Ebola lmao jkjk

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nah. Just remember that you have a giant bowl of beef jerky in the works. Victory is yours!

Yessir! I have 15lbs of the most succulent back straps soaking in some of the best sauces ever concocted. Victor shall surely be mine! (unless the dogs pull it off counter or something)

I was thinking Ebola lmao jkjk
LOL! My daughter said it looked like I was making a prop for Walking Dead.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've tried so many recipes over the years, and me and the family eat it so fast................. I don't think it really matters what it tastes like! I do make a batch or too that's too spicy for them to eat, that way I can have it to myself :)

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, this is VERY unconventional, but...........

A coworker brought some jerky to work. After discussing how his wife made it, we had to try it. We'll do this from now on.

Use hamburger, mix your ingredients in and form into a loaf. Let marinate,as you normally would.
Slice into strips, 4" x 1" x 1/4" or whatever style you prefer.

Use LEAN burger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom