It's official we are being invaded. 300,000 more illegals coming.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember it being that controversial at the time.
Mostly pics of refugees fleeing Cuba in small boats that weren't seaworthy.
Some hanging on to floating pieces of debris.

There was a bit of blaming and finger pointing later when it came out that Castro had emptied the jails of criminals as well as political prisoners.
Everything is much more political these days.
I suspect we have more pot stirrers these days.

may have been less controversial since it was in the middle of the cold war, and these refugees were escaping communist oppression.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
may have been less controversial since it was in the middle of the cold war, and these refugees were escaping communist oppression.
Could be.

I know we took in hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese and Cambodians from about 1978 to the late 80's.
That might involve some feelings of responsibility as well.

Still, they weren't welcomed like those Cubans were.
There was a fair amount of violence and hatred directed towards Vietnamese and Cambodians even when they came here legally.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be.

I know we took in hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese and Cambodians from about 1978 to the late 80's.
That might involve some feelings of responsibility as well.

Still, they weren't welcomed like those Cubans were.
There was a fair amount of violence and hatred directed towards Vietnamese and Cambodians even when they came here legally.

Maybe the Cubans were not looked at with the same suspicion as the Viets and Cambodians. Not to mention the whole southeast Asia situation is one too many people would prefer to not be reminded about.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Three rows of 10' high razor wire, armed guard towers every 300yrds. Still cheaper than generations of welfare.

Ahhh, I think if we're giving the guards decent rifles, we could stretch it to 500 yards between towers.... after all, that's only expecting them to make shots out to around 250, right?

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed

Ahhh, I think if we're giving the guards decent rifles, we could stretch it to 500 yards between towers.... after all, that's only expecting them to make shots out to around 250, right?

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I posted this earlier in another thread, but I think it bears repeating:

Just another fine friggin' mess of a Feinstein amendment passed into law that erodes the citizenship, sovereignty, civil rights and the Constitution of this once great nation:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/09/opinion/gingrich-obama-border/

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2008/7/7b292e44-b306-86d0-a0b4-981389abaf5d-post

I'm not the least bit surprised that the solution in search of a problem that caused this problem came from her, she really is a menace to a free and civil society.

Good to see Coburn is ready to get this repealed:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/07/08/coburn-obamas-border-funding-wrong-approach-offers-first-class-seat-home-to-every-child/comment-page-2/

Coburn said providing additional resources for detention spaces and immigration attorneys to the minors is the "wrong approach."

"We can put them all on a first class seat to their homes, that's $8 million,' he added.

Instead, Coburn said Congress could in two weeks repeal the law that allows juveniles from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala to stay and apply for asylum instead of facing immediate deportation like Mexican citizens do.

To stem the tide of minors crossing the border, Coburn suggested, "the best signal to slow this down is send them home."

Coburn blamed the whole situation on a laxity of immigration enforcement by the Obama administration.

"You know what is in the craw of Americans? It is not immigration. They don't see our government enforcing our laws," Coburn said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom