It's time to eat some crow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I said that I didn't care for the skeletonized hammer and trigger and I know I said that I didn't like the contrasting color of the exterior parts but today I purchased a Ruger SR1911 model 6700 in 45 ACP.

Just finished giving it a good cleaning and the things that I said that I didn't care for are actually starting to grow on me......someone pass me the ketchup cause this crow ain't going down very easy.

I don't care how chilly it is tomorrow morning I'm going to the range and run 100 rounds of 230 gr. FMJ ball ammo through it.

Ruger SR1911.jpg

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do NOT do a complete cleaning until you get at least 700 rounds through it. These are Les Baer's words, not mine. He said if you can wait, wait until the slide seizes up. Just drop a couple drops of oil on the rail's of the slide and punch the bore. Remember 100's of 1,000's of dead Commies can't be wrong.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try Tabasco. I eat so much crow around here I have found it the best way to stomach the meal.

I was about to ask if one was to eat crow,
Do ya cook it like ya do a duck, or quail?

Cause the cooking procedures are way different between those two birds.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fired 100 rounds at the 25 yd. steel gongs on the pistol range this morning and never experienced any function problems whatsoever......the SR1911 is accurate and I consider it money well spent.

She's Definitely A Keeper !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom