Jets over Tulsa/BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1662576066628.png

Homeland security chopper in OKC today

Usually the choppers orbit lower to the ground in the 1,000 ft level. This here one is at 6,000

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At first I thought an A-26, but canopy isn’t the same.

View attachment 280206
Lady Liberty up at Woodring in Enid it is indeed an A-26 built towards the tail end of WW2 and saw action in Europe. It also flew in Korea and Vietnam as it was the “Truck Buster” on the Ho Chi Minh trail delivering deadly accuracy and was one of the fastest aircraft at one time, it could outrun a P-51.

I was lucky enough to be part of the crew that took the Lady Liberty to Barksdale last year for the Bombers over Barksdale airshow. I had to hang up my flying suit after getting back here to OKC due to medical issues but I look forward to getting back into the mix with the crew up there, the Director of Maintenance and FE is Gary Trice who takes care of this beauty better than any sports car.

I can reach out to them if anyone is interested in helping them out when they launch/recover and assist with taking care of her.

It was a dream come true for me.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 301121

Homeland security chopper in OKC today

Usually the choppers orbit lower to the ground in the 1,000 ft level. This here one is at 6,000
Don't know if you know this or not, but the US Customs & Border Patrol agency has a helicopter Training Facility at Will Rogers Airport, right by the Federal Prisoners Transfer Center.

Last edited:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could watch these old relics all day long, I remember as a kid back in 57 I watched Chuck Yeager put on and acrobatic show at the air show in Akron, Ohio flying his P-51, been in love with planes ever since.
A very special time in our history, INDEED! The only time I know of, when EVERYONE was working together toward one common goal! Juist one example that impressed me was, The B-24 bomber had ONE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND + PARTS! Ford Motor Co. was assigned to build these plains, in 1940. They had their engineers assemble one, and work out the bugs, of efficient assembly. They cut the assembly time by 30%. Ford built HUGE building to manufacture ALL these parts except a very few, glass, tires, etc. on site. Within less than a year they were TURNING OUT A COMPLETE B-24 BOMBER EVERY 75 MINUTES, 24/7/365!!!!!!!!!!!!! The U.S. produced OVER TWICE the amount of war materials, of every type, as ALL THE OTHER NATIONS INVOLVED, ON EVERY SIDE, DURING WW2! THAT IS WHAT AMERICA DID, AND COULD DO AGAIN, IF WE COULD ONLY FIGURE OUT HOW TO WORK TOGETHER! VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The U.S. produced OVER TWICE the amount of war materials, of every type, as ALL THE OTHER NATIONS INVOLVED

In one of my WW2 books (I forget which), a German officer was taken prisoner by our troops and transported behind our lines to a supply depot. He saw rows and rows of guns and bullets and k-rations and cannons and tanks and shells, etc.

He knew right then that Germany was going to lose. He knew that nobody could defeat an enemy that had such an incredible abundance of supplies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom