Jets over Tulsa/BA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought gliders had to have a tow plane?

View attachment 384172
IMG_4402.jpeg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought gliders had to have a tow plane?

View attachment 384172

Only to get them aloft, then they can ride on thermals up or down. The winds on the north shore of Oahu are actually strong enough that they can use a car to tow the gliders up to speed.

There actually is a jet powered glider, too. The jet engine just gets it off the ground and then they just fly it like a regular glider.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only to get them aloft, then they can ride on thermals up or down. The winds on the north shore of Oahu are actually strong enough that they can use a car to tow the gliders up to speed.

There actually is a jet powered glider, too. The jet engine just gets it off the ground and then they just fly it like a regular glider.
Yeah, but that map is only showing a track for the glider, and it appears to originate on the runway at Wiley Post.

So…Aliens.

Windward01

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
This plane is actually a motor glider....uses an engine to launch and then the engine is shut down when the airplane is at altitude.
You can go to www.faa.gov and find the info on that plane by searching on its registration number N405DE. The info on faa.gov shows it has a Rotax engine installed.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This plane is actually a motor glider....uses an engine to launch and then the engine is shut down when the airplane is at altitude.
You can go to www.faa.gov and find the info on that plane by searching on its registration number N405DE. The info on faa.gov shows it has a Rotax engine installed.

I used to fly my family's Piper Arrow II back in the day, but I never knew there was such a thing as "motor glider." I just googled it. I want one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom