Juneteenth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i went back and read it and still can't figure out why you took the time to write it. Well, beyond some deep-seeded insecurity about President Obama and a need to make him 'worse' than anyone else.

Good lord, did you not do the same by dredging up history about President Reagan in a disparaging manner in an attempt to impune him and you question my response?
Your one of the people on here that continue to say there has never been voter fraud. I brought that up as well with the black panthers doing exactly that.
Now tell me about who has the deep seated insecurity about your 1/2 black failure as a president that led the way to divide this country.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn’t offend me but it makes me mad. That symbol signifies “black supremacy”. That is what many in the black community support.

How many? How do you know that? Sounds like an awfully dangerous assumption to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the BLM "What we believe" page; I can't get behind this. I thinks a lot of it is a false narrative and designed to destroy our country and way of life.
It strikes me that BLM is hijacking black people for their vision of a future where traditional families will be discouraged, and their vision of justice will be enforced.
I don't believe the public will take the time to think this thru, and see them for what they are. This is already quite evident.
Then again, I'm an old cisgender white guy, and maybe it's time for my world to fade away.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Here's a few excerpts, I suggest you read all of it, it's not that long. Then peruse the website to get a feel for them.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I think they may have achieved that one already, to a large degree at least.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

I think they may have achieved that one already, to a large degree at least.

I think the welfare state helped them with that, fatherless families and all.
Or maybe that's a cultural thing reaching way back....?
Maybe the nuclear family is a white thing?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the welfare state helped them with that, fatherless families and all.
Or maybe that's a cultural thing reaching way back....?
Maybe the nuclear family is a white thing?

Perhaps a glance at statistics for unwed mothers/fatherless kids could shed some light:
https://www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/

Back in the mists of time, some folks predicted this kind of trend. Those folks have been vilified, and labeled all kinds of things. Now one might argue that this is progress, maybe even getting us closer to equality.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps a glance at statistics for unwed mothers/fatherless kids could shed some light:
https://www.brookings.edu/research/an-analysis-of-out-of-wedlock-births-in-the-united-states/

Back in the mists of time, some folks predicted this kind of trend. Those folks have been vilified, and labeled all kinds of things. Now one might argue that this is progress, maybe even getting us closer to equality.

I read most of the article; I'd never thought of the shotgun wedding factor.

Can you expand on how this (single parent families) is progress and getting us closer to equality?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read most of the article; I'd never thought of the shotgun wedding factor.

Can you expand on how this (single parent families) is progress and getting us closer to equality?

Easy - you had a fairly large number of out-of-wedlock births for blacks, and a fairly small number of the same for whites. We are moving toward a common number. (of course whites had to increase the number, but we've got a lot of catching up to do)

All of the blessings and benefits that result from single parent households can soon be enjoyed at similar percentages for everyone. Literacy, employment, incarceration will all be equal one day as well, then we'll reach true Utopia.

Latest posts

Top Bottom