Jury Duty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on two juries one civil and the other was criminal. Civil case was boring. The criminal case we sentenced the guy to life in prison.
What’d he do? Sounds pretty serious…

Anyway, I get paid time off for jury duty so it’s not really a waste of time…i don’t see the big deal

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got called about 25 years ago, spent most of the day on hard benches only to be told to report to family court the next day. Both cases at family court ended up being settled out of court so I was never seated. The family court judge did come explain to us what the cases were about, after the fact. He thought it important we understand why we were there, I appreciated it.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp some how I ended up getting selected. Won’t talk about the case.

I will say what I witnessed today is just how freaking easy it is to get off the jury. 3 people were excused because they simply said they couldn’t be unbiased. Pretty much that easy. Nobody questioned it. Just a polite ‘Thanks, go take a seat in the gallery. ‘

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve served jury duty one time. And I actually got to be in the trial as one of the 12 jurors. I believe in due process, I really do. . . . But the moment I looked at that dummy I already knew my verdict 😂😂😂😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom