Just saw a guy wearing a CCW badge...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to laugh at these as well, but I recently saw an okc cop that has to carry a ccw type badge (his belt badge) if he is packing. Figure some of those guys are cops likely. This guys badge in no way looked like his uniform version. And he was packing his glock 22 in appendix carry holster.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone everthink wearing a badge might just be a bluff? A cheap badge is way cheaper than a pistol. It sounds funny but the more I think about the more I can see some morons doing it.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No way this guy was a cop. The badge was the standard CCW badge I've seen other douchebags selling at gun shows

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never heard of a LEO having to carry a ccw badge. The ability to carry isn't limited by when you are on duty because the rights given police officers says they have the responsibility to do their job on duty or off. I don't remember the exact phrasing because it's been a long time since I wore a badge. I do know some departments ask officers not to carry in other jurisdictions but that has to do with lessening jurisdictional conflict not whether the officer has the right to carry or not.

Those CCW badges are not only stupid but potentially an easy way to get the wearer in trouble. Not because it's illegal but because it's so easy to play with giving the idea that you are a police officer without actually saying it. I've seen several people get themselves into deep poo poo that way. I always called it "security guard syndrome" because I knew a guy who was a security guard and was better equipped than I was on the job. You'd think the SWAT team had arrived and it all started when that badge got pinned on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom