Just saw a guy wearing a CCW badge...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see a place for such a badge when open carry become law. My guess is jane public is going to see a guy with a gun and start to get worked up and then... Oh, wait he has a badge and go on with life.

In a open carry situation, I think such badges will give a feeling of legimacy to the random public when then encounter a gun carrying citizen.

If people see just a gun, they wont know if you are legal or not. In their minds, the badge will made you legit. Not saying thats correct, by that they will THINK it.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone tells me to comply and it isn't a real badge, they can suck it. I can only see people wearing fake badges being a problem. Real badges identify LEOs when out of uniform for us, why need a fake badge unless some deceit is intended. Maybe not malicious deceit, but still deceit. Also, doesn't wearing a fake badge where everyone can see kind of defeat the purpose of concealed carry?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LEOSA gives any commissioned peace officer the right to carry a firearm, anywhere within the United States of America. It is very unsmart for an off-duty LEO to identify himself/herself as a LEO, so I can't see anyone displaying a badge while off-duty

My department was one of those that asked officers not go heeled in another cities jurisdiction because their police chief had some kind of issue with it and asked our chief, as a favor, to not carry. However, when off duty we were required to have our badge visible close enough to our gun that they were seen at the same time. Having my badge attached to my off duty holster saved me a lot of headaches in other jurisdictions. Although I had a friend, another officer, who was shopping at a large retail store and someone saw his gun/badge under his jacket and called the police. Several officers showed up and detained/questioned him, making a big scene which was pretty embarrassing for his family that was with him. This little incident was one of a couple that led to the whole 'no carry in this city' issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom