kimber v. springfield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how does the kimber stainless custom II compare to the springfield loaded stainless? by that i mean do they essentially have the same features? the kimber seems to be a little more available, at least around here, although sportsworld does have a beautiful black stainless springer:heart:

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Kimber you mentioned is a custom shop gun. If that's the case, it's components are hand fitted from select parts. It should also have their "melt down" treatment, which is very nice. Kimbers are very accurate also. My Pro Elite will definately shoot better than I am capable of.

I don't know about the Springfield. But others really like them.

Sometimes, you just have to handle them and go with your gut feeling.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no Kimber custom shop. It's a marketing ploy. The Custom II is their base line gun and their baseline gun has no better fitting, "select" parts etc than their Gold Match. Rather, Kimber uses cheap mim in their guns if they are $600 or $1500.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no Kimber custom shop. It's a marketing ploy. The Custom II is their base line gun and their baseline gun has no better fitting, "select" parts etc than their Gold Match. Rather, Kimber uses cheap mim in their guns if they are $600 or $1500.

So you've been to their plant and have seen their manufacturing procedures?

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know Kimber doesn't have a "real" custom shop where you can order something custom made to your specs. Regardless, that's what THEY call it. Their custom shop guns are different from their other models. And the information I provided was obtained via articles from gun writers. I know they use MIM parts. But, according to those articles, they are hand selected and fitted to those particular guns. They also do the melt down treatments there, and install different sights, such as the night sights that came on my gun.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you've been to their plant and have seen their manufacturing procedures?

Nope, just owned a few and can tell the difference if it was there. My Warrior I owned at one point had no better parts than my Custom II I had.

To the OP, one thing to consider is that Springfields CS, should you need it, IS top notch. They also actually have a real custom shop should decide you need any work done.

To clarify Kimber does not use a S80 FPS, they use a schwarz style that has been known to fail from time to time. Their NON-FPS guns like the Warrior and Series I's are their best IMHO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom