Kroger Delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ll wait in line 30 minutes before I use self check out. :finger:

My Walmart literally has 2 actual registers open and the rest are self checkouts.

I use self checkout when I do go in for a few things. Gets me out quicker.

If they manned all the registers though then I feel like everyone could get out of the store faster.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Walmart literally has 2 actual registers open and the rest are self checkouts.

I use self checkout when I do go in for a few things. Gets me out quicker.

If they manned all the registers though then I feel like everyone could get out of the store faster.
Krogers is like WMart and only keeps a couple registers open. By using self check out, you’re playing right into their hands. I WILL NOT COMPLY. :finger:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NOT using self-checkout is not going to force stores to go back to cashier serviced checkouts. Like it or not, stores are going to do whatever stores find to be less expensive to their operations, and self-checkout is less expensive to operate than a live checkout.

For myself, I use whatever is going to get me out of the store faster because my time is valuable to me, plus, by bagging my own I can do it MY way.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NOT using self-checkout is not going to force stores to go back to cashier serviced checkouts. Like it or not, stores are going to do whatever stores find to be less expensive to their operations, and self-checkout is less expensive to operate than a live checkout.

For myself, I use whatever is going to get me out of the store faster because my time is valuable to me, plus, by bagging my own I can do it MY way.

That's another thing that the wife gets uptight about. Not long after we got married, she was working in a grocery store up in SW Kansas, and as such, did the bagging for the customers. She is VERY particular as to what gets bagged where.

As for not using self-checkout, we use it pretty much all the time. The last thing I want to do in the store is get behind someone in a regular checkout line that isn't sure that they still want some product or can't find their credit card (more likely an EBT card). We can be in and out a lot faster.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife uses the Walmart pickup service in Guthrie. She said once the Kroger gets built off of Waterloo she will start using the delivery service. She hates grocery shopping. The only time she goes grocery shopping is when she goes to Sam‘s Club. Amazon has an every other day stop at are house it fills like. I dont say much as I travel for work and she does it all by her self when I’m gone. I will say we have had good luck with Walmart pickup servic. The only thing I really ever hear complaining about is that they are alway out of stuff. Hell that’s even if you go inside the store. I just hope Kroger is better about keeping stock.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Kroger for picking up stuff in between the wife's weekend trips, to the grocery store. For Warr Acres, delivery is next day. Only complaint I've ever had is getting the drivers to actually set the groceries on the porch instead of trying to hand them to me directly. Holding back my dog takes one too many hands for that and they must have some sort of training to give them to you directly. I have standing instructions not to do this on every order I make, but not all of them will follow them.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it free? Just curious, never used it.
I was busy one day and needed a few things from Menards and was gonna try their in store shopper thing where you pick it up at front desk and the cost was more than I was willing to pay to save 15 minutes in the store.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was busy one day and needed a few things from Menards and was gonna try their in store shopper thing where you pick it up at front desk and the cost was more than I was willing to pay to save 15 minutes in the store.
$6.95 delivery fee. Worth it for me, but maybe not for you.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done kroger 3 times now. They have Kroger brand on some items that are half price of the regular brands. Like a jar od mayonnaise, kroger is half the price of Hellmans and I couldn't tell any difference.
I'll definately keep using it, very easy on order and delivery.
My last bill would have cost around $200 at Crest but was $112 using kroger brands.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$6.00 delivery is all I ever paid.
Delivery guy carried my bags through my garage to the back door of the kitchen as I asked. I slipped him a $5 and thanked him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom