Kroger Delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can see where their delivery may be reliable in the metro area but maybe not so much here. Amazon delivery sure is a joke on my street.

Does Kroger give you a heads up before they arrive? I'm guessing there is a set time for delivery maybe?

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see where their delivery may be reliable in the metro area but maybe not so much here. Amazon delivery sure is a joke on my street.

Does Kroger give you a heads up before they arrive? I'm guessing there is a set time for delivery maybe?
One hour window you sign up for

audiotech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kroger has a 90 mile delivery radius, maybe even a little further. When placing your order you choose a time (ex Tuesday: 9-10AM) and you’ll be notified via text if they’re running late. They also send a reminder about an hour before and you can opt in for delivery updates for out of stock items, substitutions, etc.
The 2 kinds of delivery are contactless and dialogue so if your driver actually does their job they should stick to those guidelines. You can allow or deny subs while placing your order and the dialogue delivery gives you another chance to decline a sub. Contactless is saying you’ll accept whatever they decide to give you. If you forget to check the contactless box and your driver is doing their job correctly they will leave if there’s no answer. But you don’t have to stand there and talk to them either - video doorbell, crack open the door, “leave everything on the porch, thanks”, whatever works. They will take used shopping bags off your hands if you have any and should refund any damaged items.
All that being said I use the service about once or twice a week and shop the deals. I don’t make enough money to have the wife do all the grocery shopping in one store so we’ll shop stores depending on who has what. There’s certain items I won’t buy from Kroger (milk, bread, eggs, anything easily damaged) but it is nice having some things come straight to the door. They have a delivery program that’s $7.95 for a month of deliveries so ordering just twice that month would be slightly cheaper. But for things like drinks and whatever is on sale and not an entire grocery trip, they do alright.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Kroger in OKC. They are always on time and no complaints. No problems with fruits, vegetables, and eggs.

Kroger’s prices are competitive against the other local grocery stores. I don’t mind paying extra to save time.

It has cut down on time due to not having to go to the grove store weekly.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There you go. To busy and $100k SUV. If you’re affording that car then you’re probably to busy to go waste time in Walmart.

Why go waste time in Walmart when you can do the pickup order and it not cost any extra. In my opinion in using the pickup option it gives someone a job that was already taken away from them when Walmart switched registers to self checkout.

Why do my own shopping and do my own checkout? Walmart doesn’t pay me.
If you can afford an 100k suv, why are you shopping at Walmart when Winco and Aldi’s are cheaper, and have better selection.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why go waste time in Walmart when you can do the pickup order and it not cost any extra. In my opinion in using the pickup option it gives someone a job that was already taken away from them when Walmart switched registers to self checkout.

Why do my own shopping and do my own checkout? Walmart doesn’t pay me.
^^^ Exactly this...

If it keeps me out of that damned store I'm good with it. I even buy some meats, fruits and veggies and let them pick. It's usually good to go. I will however go into Sam's and get my beer, wine and choice cuts of meat. But overall, ordering online and picking up is just mighty fine by me, it gives me a lot more time to do other things.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granddaughter done the Wally pick up, when she and hubs were home with the Fauci flu.

She was ok with it, couldn't "shop" deals, but ordering mostly the Great Value brand, if it was out of stock, they replaced it with name brand at same cost.
She does her own, now. But things out of stock, she will online order.

We shopped Kroger, when we lived south of Houston. H. E. B. even better. Neither in the 90 mile radius, now. Maybe one day.

I like picking my produce and meat. I don't buy meat at Wally, I try to buy NOTHING at Wally. Fresh fruit and vegetables are better at Aldi.

The older we get, the more appealing home delivery becomes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom