Leaving it in the car ... or truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My F150 has a perfect little spot under the dash for it. Just slide it in there and go. Can't carry at work so I have to leave it in the car. I park in a private lot near a police department so I feel comfortable with it. Anywhere else, in my pocket.

TxBornsSooner

New to the site!
Reaction score
Getting my license hopefully in the next few days. My windows are tinted so unless you are up on my car looking into them you can't see what is in the car. There are a few car seat holsters I have seen that would be ideal. But more than likely I am going to have a holster on the base of the steering column. But where ever I can legally carry it I am going to legally carry. I have found all kinds of jackets etc that you can use for concealment. A good rig a polo shirt and shorts are all you need in the summer.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drop it in the door pocket.

What kinda car do you drive??

Leaving a gun unsecured in a car is a bad idea.... Get one of the mentioned safes.

A LEO bud of mine with 25yrs on the force told me long ago he quit asking IF and started asking Were the gun was in the car, that had been Stolen/broken into and 9 out of 10 would tell him the Glove box, Door pocket, or under the seat........

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kinda car do you drive??

Leaving a gun unsecured in a car is a bad idea.... Get one of the mentioned safes.

A LEO bud of mine with 25yrs on the force told me long ago he quit asking IF and started asking Were the gun was in the car, that had been Stolen/broken into and 9 out of 10 would tell him the Glove box, Door pocket, or under the seat........

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if someone breaks into your car, the safe isn't gonna help much, a pry bar and about 2-3 blows from a hammer will defeat any of them

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if someone breaks into your car, the safe isn't gonna help much, a pry bar and about 2-3 blows from a hammer will defeat any of them

True, but as the guys at Bear safes demonstrate that logic is the same for most safes in your home.

Last edited by a moderator:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's not to keep someone with a pry bar and a hammer out...it's to stop a snatch and grab and small children.

It doesn't stay in there overnight.

When I got my CCW, it was with the agreement that I would not carry it into government offices, schools, that sort of thing.

I have children in my vrhicle sometimes, and I just really don't need it sitting in my door pocket even for a few moments when we come out of one of the aforementioned places.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have room to fit a vault under my seats. I was thinking about putting it in the trunk, but I was told that was a bad idea because the trunk typically doesn't set off the car alarm if it's breached.

Latest posts

Top Bottom