Leaving it in the car ... or truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for ideas ... if you need to leave your carry in your parked car or truck for a while, where do you put it? A locking glove box would be the obvious solution, but not all vehicles have any locking compartments inside. So do you just drop it in the door pocket and not worry about it, or?

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's very important that you measure your gun first before buying a vehicle gun safe.

I bought one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/23237104?...1=g&wl2=&wl3=21486607510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

It will hold a full sized 1911 and then some.
I keep an M&P Pro in mine, and an extra mag, with room left over.

I didn't want a box that just took a key, as sometimes I have to hand my truck key to someone so they can get something out of my truck.
You can program the combo anyway you want, from a minimum of three keystrokes up to six.
You could set it so that you just hit the number 1 three times for instance, and get into it quickly in just a few seconds.
Very well built, with a metal locking mechanism.
The keyhole you see is in the event that the batteries run down for the touchpad.

I used to use door pocket, but if just one door is left unlocked, I'm screwed.

I always carry my gun in my holster when driving, but this is for those times I go into a government ownded building, school, etc., and it has to stay in my vehicle.

bryanherron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed is concealed. If it's an establishment that you can legally carry, but doesn't cater to guns I conceal. If found out they can ask me to leave and I'd comply. If it's some place that is legally off limits for carry I drop mine in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat, but not always. Concealed is concealed and I hate leaving it in the car.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me: carry it anyways. But actually I often leave my OWB in the truck and keep my LCP in my pocket. I either put it in the console(it locks). Or if I'm not gonna be gone long I just tuck it under the seat, lock your doors...

Latest posts

Top Bottom