Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
DBBCA32B-9A5C-4CB5-8520-8CC7BB98AE78.jpeg

Clyde is looking less and less like a puppy by the day, and growing like a weed. Heā€™s grown out of people calling him cute too, people just call him ā€œuniqueā€ or ā€œlooks like a dog on tvā€. Heā€™s really started taking to retrieving, which is good.

Also pictured, Frank, our Golden who is completely ate up with OCD regarding his balls. Or any balls he can find. Iā€™ve seen dogs that like certain toys or objects, but thereā€™s something wrong with this dude. He canā€™t eat without a ball in his food dish, canā€™t sleep without a ball within a few feet, and will literally run/swim himself to death so that he can play with his ball more. Heā€™s well trained and kept plenty stimulated/plenty active as well, so we donā€™t know where this came from.

Heā€™s even stolen balls from stores in two different states. Just carried them out in his mouth. several stores here in OK, and once at the Bass Pro in Memphis. I guess you can do your best raising em, but you canā€™t always lead your horse to the water ladle or whatever they say.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 299791
Clyde is looking less and less like a puppy by the day, and growing like a weed. Heā€™s grown out of people calling him cute too, people just call him ā€œuniqueā€ or ā€œlooks like a dog on tvā€. Heā€™s really started taking to retrieving, which is good.

Also pictured, Frank, our Golden who is completely ate up with OCD regarding his balls. Or any balls he can find. Iā€™ve seen dogs that like certain toys or objects, but thereā€™s something wrong with this dude. He canā€™t eat without a ball in his food dish, canā€™t sleep without a ball within a few feet, and will literally run/swim himself to death so that he can play with his ball more. Heā€™s well trained and kept plenty stimulated/plenty active as well, so we donā€™t know where this came from.

Heā€™s even stolen balls from stores in two different states. Just carried them out in his mouth. several stores here in OK, and once at the Bass Pro in Memphis. I guess you can do your best raising em, but you canā€™t always lead your horse to the water ladle or whatever they say.

I think Clyde is a BEAUTIFUL dog!! He's absolutely stunning!!

That's too funny about Frank! Last time we were in PetSmart there was a guy trying to reason with his GSD. She had a toy in her mouth at the checkout line and she wasn't giving it up. He was TRYING to pay for it. It was too funny!!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Clyde is a BEAUTIFUL dog!! He's absolutely stunning!!

That's too funny about Frank! Last time we were in PetSmart there was a guy trying to reason with his GSD. She had a toy in her mouth at the checkout line and she wasn't giving it up. He was TRYING to pay for it. It was too funny!!
Heā€™s a pretty fantastic dog, adorable as all get out in my book. Itā€™s funny too, cause in spite of being a killing machine, he is the most cuddly dog Iā€™ve ever had.

Frank is such a fantastic dog, and such a character thatā€™s for sure.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an Aussie that was like that with his Frisbee. Buster wouldn't give that Frisbee up for nothing to anyone except me.

Shortly after I brought him home as a little pup I stopped by the local junior college while on patrol one day. They were having a Frisbee dog competition and it was just a hoot. Most of the competing dogs were Aussies. I couldn't wait to get a soft Frisbee for Buster and see if I could teach him to play. He took to it like a duck takes to water. It was just amazing. He was so smart with the Frisbee thing it was just eerie. He was like Rainman with Frisbee playing.

Once, while eating pizza on the deck, my wife tried to tempt Buster into giving up the Frisbee in exchange for a bite of pizza. She held the slice close to his face. Initially, Buster wasn't even tempted. After a few tries it was too much for even the most hardened Frisbee lover to resist. Buster, more swift than a viper, snatched the entire piece of pizza from her hand... And NEVER dropped the Frisbee.

He then trotted off, head held high, to a safe spot in the grass where he finally dropped the Frisbee long enough to eat the pizza slice.

He lived with us for about 2 years. When my son returned from Iraq the first time he brought home a few buddies (ok...6 buddies) for a vacation in Colorado. They all lived in Killeen as roommates in a house my son had bought. Buster just thought the world of my son so he went to live in TX when they all went home. Best life ever for a dog. Constantly going camping, fishing, etc with all the guys. He returned to Colorado when my son and his new bride were transferred to Ft Carson and lived out his days there.

MVC-001S.JPG

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He is a month from 2 years. Can work chutes, lanes and is getting smart in open pastures. Had not had a dog in many years. Unbelievable smart dog, never owned a Australian Shepherd, just healers and a couple collies. 70lbs of pure speed! I guess I am proud of him.

View attachment 300105
What's his name.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom