Liquor Store Owner Firing at Robbers Shot by Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife works right up the street from here. She drove through that area about an hour before this happened. I'm glad she carries!

Rufus, I am glad your wife carries and presume she is proficient, but that wouldn't have done any good if she caught a stray bullet between the headlights.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but to make the point that having a weapon is not a reason to feel invulnerable, and some folks seem to do that.

I am glad no bystanders caught any lead. It saddens me that there are areas of the city that I used to spend time in but now are places to avoid.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OCPD Captain Dexter Nelson was just now on Channel 4 news and made this statement.

"Any person with a gun that's not wearing a uniform and a badge is a threat to the police".

Everyone in Okc that open carries need to beware!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't go chasing people down shooting at them. There's no reason for it and at that point the cops were preventing an attempted homicide. Sad for the store owner that he is critically injured because of a couple of scumbags but there's no flashing good guy beacon in the real world to tell the cops who's who. Someone posted a video of an officer being slaughtered by a man with a rifle I've seen it before and if you haven't is absolutely horrifying. I can't fault an officer firing on an active shooter outside in public view.

Remember you are shooting to stop the threat, be it making them DRT or at the point where the bad guys are outside in a vehicle fleeing they are no longer a threat.

Just because someone tried to rob you earlier doesn't allow you to try and kill them later.
It certainly doesn't allow you to endanger every other person in the path of the bullets you fire, every time you miss that bullet goes on to find something to hit.
He was given an order by police that he apparently ignored and the police seeing some random guy standing on the street shooting into traffic opened fire to stop the obvious threat to public safety.

The moral of the story is learn the law and when confronted by armed officers and told to drop the weapon, listen.

If you are firing a weapon and police confront you, You should know that police do not conduct debates with armed suspects.
If you are firing into a street and the police cannot instantly understand why they have every duty to suspect that you are the problem.

This is why you MUST have a badge, or AT Least a sash that informs All that you are indeed a licensed gun toter.... ;)

. too bad the wrong person ended up getting shot....Burn the Thieves... 8)

OKMinuteman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he pretty much called it like he sees it and puts said policies out to his troopers rather they would admit it or not to anyone outside of the family in blue. Any LEO seeing a pistol holstered or not automatically sees a target to be dealt with, with extreme prejudice. He knows it and anyone with an IQ over room temperature knows it. Be careful out there as no one has your back.

DFarcher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you ever been in a GD gun fight?"
Thought not.
You ever had anyone point a gun at you in anger?
thought not.
Gun fight going down, lead flying, you walk into the middle of it as a cop.........you got no damn time to figure out who is the good guy.
You holler drop the friggin weapon.......and if they don't you got to assume they are the bad guy.
Some times **** just happens...............

ok. rant off.back to my peaceful retirement where I don't have to give a flyin frick who is the dumb ass and who is the bad guy..

Hmmm.....I guess I don't have enough info to know what should have happened. BTW 53Convert, your questions and answers about me are all incorrect, and we have met. I think you would remember send me a PM if you are interested.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he pretty much called it like he sees it and puts said policies out to his troopers rather they would admit it or not to anyone outside of the family in blue. Any LEO seeing a pistol holstered or not automatically sees a target to be dealt with, with extreme prejudice. He knows it and anyone with an IQ over room temperature knows it. Be careful out there as no one has your back.

I dunno how you manage to sit next to GC at breakfast ... :rolleyes2 much less carry on civil conversation ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom