Looking for a new Church.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss the days where we sang the old Hymns in church and had a piano, guitar,bass and maybe a fiddle or mandolin.
Does anybody know of a Church like that in the area of southern Broken Arrow?
Where the pastor actually interacts with his congregation, Not like the mega churches where they herd people in like cattle for an hour and then rotate them out for the next group??
I want the old time religion!!

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a younger guy and am also fed up with these mega churches like LifeChurch.tv and COTM. I like both of their pastors, but like you said it feels like they feed you in and out like cattle and there is no sunday school classes or easy way to connect in small groups for fellowship, which in my opinion is one of the reasons to go to church too.

Its sad but it almost seems like people pick churches like these because they are easy - you don't have to do anything but show up, nothing really is expected of you - or they are trendy and are they current hip church to be seen at.

carman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a younger guy and am also fed up with these mega churches like LifeChurch.tv and COTM. I like both of their pastors, but like you said it feels like they feed you in and out like cattle and there is no sunday school classes or easy way to connect in small groups for fellowship, which in my opinion is one of the reasons to go to church too.

Its sad but it almost seems like people pick churches like these because they are easy - you don't have to do anything but show up, nothing really is expected of you - or they are trendy and are they current hip church to be seen at.

Life church has all kinds of small groups, may not be on sunday but they have plenty of small groups.....

ConstantChange

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but I'm looking for a church in the Moore/South OKC area. I was a member of a Christian church in a smaller town for 10+ years where everybody knew each other and the small groups were great. Since I've moved to OKC, I haven't been able to find a good fit.

I'm 33, single with no kids.

I tried LifeChurch off I-240 for a few months and even joined the usher team trying to become more active and meet a few people, but it didn't work. I still rarely saw the same people twice. I also tried a small group that wasn't a good fit.

I've also tried Emmaus church off 149th and Western. It's fine, but they didn't have a Sunday school class for me. I have good friends that are in a married couples class, but they tried to put me in a singles class with people 10 years younger than me. The class lasted about 4 weeks until they cancelled it because nobody was showing up.

I'm looking for a church where I can find a good fit in a Sunday school class or small group.

Latest posts

Top Bottom