looking for a truck, any offers or advice on what to look for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pingelboy1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just posted an ad in the wanted section for trading my car for a truck, ive always heard good things about toyota and chevy. ive heard that alot of fords have issues with spark plugs getting stuck the block. my family has had good luck with 3 dodge vehicles. anything i should know about a truck in the $5000 range probably around the 2001 year give or take a little money or years in ether direction?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1990 Toyota pickup. I've had people holler at me at stop signs, leave notes on my windshield, chase me down in parking lots, even knock on my door at 9:30 at night wanting to buy my truck. Nothing doing.

If you find a running Toyota pick-up at any price, buy it. You will not be sorry. I love mine.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 1990 Toyota pickup. I've had people holler at me at stop signs, leave notes on my windshield, chase me down in parking lots, even knock on my door at 9:30 at night wanting to buy my truck. Nothing doing.

If you find a running Toyota pick-up at any price, buy it. You will not be sorry. I love mine.

I'd love to have an older Toyota 4x4... If only ef9 would sell me his!

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
got an olf ford ranger with a new motor on it. Put in new at 128,000 miles and i now have 133,00o miles. A 96 xl model. Its been great but I'm willing to let you look. but is this ther place for this?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well i'm a ford man. Stay away from 97-98 V-6 F-150's as they have an issue with the lower intake manifold gaskets unless they have been replaced. The motor will hydrolock and strangely enough one of the guys here on osa did after i made a comment about the hydrolock issue. Also, Unless you feel like replacing a slave cylinder every 40-50k mi stay away from the manual trans F-150's. I had one and replacing the slave cylinder was a PITA. I want a 99+ ext cab V8 F-150 auto.

pingelboy1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for all the tips guys! lucked out and got a blazer and trailer from my parents they didnt use any more. so free is good and now i can keep my teg and maybe turbo it after the camaro is finished up! woohoo for getting my cake and eating it too lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom