Looks like Magpul is gonna have to make 7 rounders....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hopefully law abiding gun owners in NY will express their anger in the media. I think part of the problem is that NY has a relatively small overall gun "culture". Those living in the cities especially were raised with no guns in the home, no sport shooting and no hunting experience. For many of them banning these style of guns would be like Oklahoma banning hot dog carts, very few people would care. Unfortunately the legal gun owners who are simply exercising their second amendment rights are punished through the apathy and ignorance of the majority. It's ironic and sad that in the state (colony at the time) where one third of all the battles of the revolutionary war were fought and much of the reason the second amendment was written is the first to violate it's principles and disgrace itself in the face of this nation that grew based on it's ability and bravery to fight back against governmental tyranny.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.... did you read what all is in this?

Mag limits to 7 rounds.
No grandfathering of previously-owned magazines.
"Assault weapon" status requires only ONE of the "military rifle" features, i.e., pistol grip
REGISTRATION of ALL assault weapons
Most private sales of assault weapons must be done with background checks (via FFL/4473?)
Restrictions on ammunition - couldn't see any details on this
Required to keep assault weapons "properly stored"
No internet sales of assault weapons
Lots more liability for therapists and healthcare providers

Wow... anyone who thinks this can't happen on a national level is kidding themselves... it may not be a slam-dunk, but it IS possible. Especially in a few more years. I can see magazine confiscation and destruction in my lifetime, and perhaps even sporting rifle confiscation... happened Down Under. :(

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As far as the mental health part goes, I wonder if you make a gun sign with your index finger does that make you loose your gun rights?
Lots of room for interpretation there.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see magazine confiscation and destruction in my lifetime, and perhaps even sporting rifle confiscation

Here is the kicker, as far as I know magazines are not registered like guns, so these clowns have NO clue who has what or how many. And by the time they find out it'll most likely be too late or during a fight. They aren't gonna go door to door inspecting magazines. they have no way to know where to start. Rifles on the other hand are registered for the most part, but still coming door to door is a suicide mission.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well wonder how many New York magazines and firearms are going to flood the market? Since there are no 7 round magazines for things like glock, springfield, s&w, etc if they wish to keep their firearms in the state of NY they will have to tool up and make 7 rounders for existing firearms and any new firearms they might ship to that state. Further straining the capacity for manufacturing of regular capacity magazines for the rest of the nation. Sorry but I'm going to be very unpopular for this but I firmly believe civilian law enforcement agencies should be held to the same restrictions as the population they are supposed to police, especially in states that do something as opportunistic and asinine as this.

Or will we suddenly get a flood of damn yankees? Personally I'd welcome any New Yorker smart enough to move to a more civilized part of the world in order to keep their god given rights.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the kicker, as far as I know magazines are not registered like guns, so these clowns have NO clue who has what or how many. And by the time they find out it'll most likely be too late or during a fight. They aren't gonna go door to door inspecting magazines. they have no way to know where to start. Rifles on the other hand are registered for the most part, but still coming door to door is a suicide mission.

Agreed... but what this does is allow them to stack charges on anyone who happens to have an encounter with LE. It's like the Oklahoma marijuana tax stamp. And I'm sure the charges will be stackable for EACH magazine.

As many have said... it makes criminals of law-abiding, responsible citizens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom