"Marines", "Rangers", "Snipers" and ******** Artists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, possibly. I do know that he was in the military atleast in basic according to another coworker. I think he washed out though. This malarkey about being an army ranger medic and going to ranger school and jump school at ft benning is a bunch of bull. I've been really tempted to ask to see his DD-214. We have some actual vets on our shift and they try asking him questions and he shuts up. We have one guy on maint named matt and he is a navy vet and has jump experience. He started asking matthew questions and matthew started stuttering and shaking and just shut up.

He will probably just play the "classified" card, if he even has a 214, to explain why those entries are missing. If you really want to know a foia request can be made for his 2-1. That will give you the whens and wheres he was stationed, or the nprc will let you know they dont know who he is.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son and I were in a shop which I don’t care to name because the owner’s a pretty good guy. One of the employees who I’ve heard claim was SF no less than 10 times was trying to figure out/”Remember” what the green/black/red tips on 5.56 and 7.62 ammo meant, “I’ll be fair he did know red was a tracer”.. I politely filled in the blanks and went on my way kind of just laughing to myself. I figure no point being a jerk. I did feel like this was a good educational experience for my son so we called my Father who left the Army in 1969 to quiz him on the very subject. Somehow after 40+ years out of the service he remembered perfectly. So Jr. learned not everyone who claims to be something is.. Lesson learned.

Anyway, 0352 Marine here and I’ll admit my SRB is not very interesting at all.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wish people who did serve would find some pride in the job they ACTUALLY did, instead of embellishing past the point of sanity.

I was 0844 Field Artillery Fire Control. I ran a computer and came up with firing solutions for M198 howitzers during the Gulf War. Sine it was the USMC, naturally, I also had to be a machine gun team leader during my "off" shift.

What's wrong with that??

I was a 2131, howitzer mech. Pretty boring job but its gotta be done! Always liked the "rivalry" we had with the gun bunnies when they bring guns in totally effed up. My career wasn't that impressive though. Did a stent as the training NCO, Admin NCO, Team leader on a gun crew, tour in Iraq, and got my CAR. Besides those 6 months in Iraq, my days were pretty routine 8-4 turning wrenches or sending emails.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wish people who did serve would find some pride in the job they ACTUALLY did, instead of embellishing past the point of sanity.

I was 0844 Field Artillery Fire Control. I ran a computer and came up with firing solutions for M198 howitzers during the Gulf War. Sine it was the USMC, naturally, I also had to be a machine gun team leader during my "off" shift.

What's wrong with that??

Not one GD thing. Thank You for your service!

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know of two people who were rangers, like said one of them is quite and never really ever spoke of his service. Some of that may be because he was injured pretty bad during Desert Shield and was medically retired. The other was a decent guy, but at times could be somewhat of a bragger. He at least had the pictures from while he was in service and some of the military news articles so he was believable. Like said anyone that was in more of a secure or elite position tends to be really quite about that service. My dad was in the Airbornes when he was in and I don't think in all of my years he ever spoke of his service other than when I was a kid and would ask him about it. his uncle was in as well and went on to work for the Pentagon and same way he never spoke much about it, but then again for what he did for the Pentagon he really couldn't speak about his service.

Those false braggers really do irk me though.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a 14s in the army and love to brag about my top award. The master air force space badge. No idea how I got it and tried several times (not very hard as I love the novelty of it) to have it removed to no avail. But hey I've got the 214 to prove it

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Iv seen some horrible stuff the last 3 months while in the military. Iv killed more dust bunnies than you can possibly imagine. Iv spent hours cleaning barracks, with no sleep or liberty. I should write a book.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a 14s in the army and love to brag about my top award. The master air force space badge. No idea how I got it and tried several times (not very hard as I love the novelty of it) to have it removed to no avail. But hey I've got the 214 to prove it

A DD-214 isn't always a prefect record of your service. In 1972 when I was discharged the personnel clerk handed me my DD-214. I looked it over and told him it didn't have everything on it and had some things that I hadn't done. He looked at me and said " do you want to get discharged today or would you like to stick around for a few more days while we correct it". I just wanted to get home so I said screw it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom