Masks On Masks Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legend

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Might be good justification for a year-round mask mandate. Just incorporate it as an amendment to the constitution under "dress code".

I’m thinking the government should give us all hermetically sealed motorized Airstreams to putter around in. This would significantly reduce contact. I think in the end it would be cheaper on the taxpayers.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a few thoughts here:

1. The "experts" during this whole coronavirus thing have flipped back and forth with the severity of the disease and what to do to avoid getting it.

2. While some are touting that "the ICU's are full," are those ALL covid cases? Or, are they cases where people have finally gotten to see a doctor and other issues have been found, and they have been advised to go to the hospital?

3. As for conspiracy and "sheeple," let me report this little tidbit. Our son messaged with people at the OKC city council with a complaint of their mask mandates and cited CDC numbers to attest that the virus "wasn't all that bad." He got a response from one of the council members stating that "the coronavirus deaths were worse than the Spanish Flu, WWII, and the Depression, all combined."

As for number 3 above, I'll let you all do your own research into the deaths caused by those three "events." Needless to say, some people in power are ignorant of many things. Too bad they can get elected.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2. While some are touting that "the ICU's are full," are those ALL covid cases? Or, are they cases where people have finally gotten to see a doctor and other issues have been found, and they have been advised to go to the hospital?

The ICUs are full for other reasons in addition to COVID. Per Docs and Staff working at St Johns, this last summer was one of the worst they'd seen in terms of traumas.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ICUs are full for other reasons in addition to COVID. Per Docs and Staff working at St Johns, this last summer was one of the worst they'd seen in terms of traumas.

Grumpy's doctor told him Friday that the news is misrepresenting the ICU situation. She said the ICUs are not full. The problem is they don't have enough staff.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grumpy's doctor told him Friday that the news is misrepresenting the ICU situation. She said the ICUs are not full. The problem is they don't have enough staff.

The other aspect of that is when they say "ICU is full" they don't clarify with what type of patient.

Per Friday's Executive Report, there were only 123 ICU beds available out of 981. That means were 858 people occupying ICU beds in Oklahoma hospitals. Only 289 of those 858 were confirmed COVID patients. There were another 12 in ICU that were suspected COVID.

So a little over a third of available ICU beds are being occupied by COVID patients. That's not huge.

That being said it's enough that some hospitals, like my wife's, that had previously shut down their COVID-only wards have opened them back up again. There is a surge for sure, but it's not even close to overwhelming the system.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

They're definitely full here, it's also true that they are severely understaffed, but they're bringing in float nurses.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's what I've been told too. Many hospitals still have staff laid off/furloughed, and those at the top are enjoying the supply/demand profits coming out of it. Some nurses been off for months, some haven't had but a day off here and there. Guess it's cheaper to pay benefits and overtime for one rather than pay benefits for two... at least, that's the rumor out of my hometown.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I call in an order of Vietnamese food. Arrive to pick it up, girl behind counter has mask on, only covering her mouth. Guy in back preparing food has no mask on. We exchange greetings (I patronize them fairly often) and I pay for my food. As I am paying a woman comes in to pick up food on table behind me. (to-go order, she obviously already paid) She glares at me for a second and exits.

I exit, approach my truck and she says something to me. I said "what?", she says loudly "too good to wear a mask?" . I laugh, she jumps in her car and leaves.

I feel terrible about this, I certainly hope my lack of masking up didn't expose her to Wuhan Flu. I'm pretty sure our exchange was so brief that she didn't get any cynicism or common sense from it either. She seemed really angry. I bet her girlfriend is gonna be sore in the morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom