To mask, or not to mask, THAT, is the question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hand washing is much more important than a mask.
Do you wash your covid covered fingers before each time you adjust that nasty mask.
try counting how many times your covid covered fingers touch your mask.
touch door handle
touch merchandise
touch cc machine
touch dirty money
touch dirty cell phone
Bet you touch that dirty mask hundreds of times a day without washing your hands.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hand washing is much more important than a mask.
Do you wash your covid covered fingers before each time you adjust that nasty mask.
try counting how many times your covid covered fingers touch your mask.
touch door handle
touch merchandise
touch cc machine
touch dirty money
touch dirty cell phone
Bet you touch that dirty mask hundreds of times a day without washing your hands.
Probably not a great chance of picking up Chinese virus from objects. The majority of transfer of it is though the air and respiratory system.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get the flu and haven't had a vaccine in many, many years. wash my hands about 50+ times a day seems like.
Flu vaccine and others make me sick. Something about how they are made.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is not exactly true. The data is 3 cases per 100k between areas with a mask mandate and areas without.

Yeah . . . I know that. Still doesn't change the data. Which is the point. But folks whining to Stitt about a state wide mandate can't see that.

In my opinion the data is flawed because of all the non-compliance in mandated areas and the plethora of crappy masks being used in mandated areas. I’m also assuming the lack of taking other precautions recommended by CDC is equal in both areas.

Could be flawed. Could be pretty much dead on. We'll likely never know.

Regardless, this is exactly the argument against a mandate . . . and the impact folks seem to think giving the government more control might have.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Counties are turning Red and my kids’ school district just announced they are going back to 100% virtual. We were up to 4 days a week and on the verge of moving to 5.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Counties are turning Red and my kids’ school district just announced they are going back to 100% virtual. We were up to 4 days a week and on the verge of moving to 5.

My wife's school has been in-person since school started. They require masks in the school building and temperature checks before the day starts. Even with all of those precautions they're likely moving to all virtual next week and wouldn't be back in-person until after Christmas break. This is due to several teachers being positive or having the flu. But she's still going to be in the building to hold her virtual sessions, etc.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He invoked that act for ventilators and that's all that I know of. Not on masks that I'm aware of. Because people only feared of two things....run out of bullets and run out of toilet paper.
It also directed the Defense Department to make available up to 5 million N95 masks and other personal protective equipment from US strategic reserves.

And I'm good on toilet paper and ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom