Mega Million up to $550M ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So ... We don't play the lottery but it's kinda hard not to notice a number like $550,000,000 ... :D Does the amount of the pay-off sway you guys any, or do you play no matter what, don't play no matter what??

We won't play ... well, probably not ... I keep saying we ought to buy one ticket one of these days, just so we can say we did. You know, kinda like a bucket list thing ...

But I could sure find a way to use up $550M pretty quick, I think ... Especially since I'm sure I'd have help from the lawyers (JB :naughty:, the accountants and the .gov) ... It would be kinda cool to spend the rest of our lives traveling ...

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I buy megamillion and power ball numbers 2 or 3 times a month; the only guarantee is you won't win if you don't play.

That's the only form of gambling I do.........well, except for insurance, and getting out of bed.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much wait until there's a record high and then go drop up to $20 on it.

The way I look at a lotto ticket is "where would I have spent it anyway"... I mean, that $20 could be one cigar, 2 glasses of Scotch, 1.5 meals at my favorite restaurant, or 2 meals at Quiznos.

So that $20 would be worth $375 at "retirement age" if invested instead of thrown away.... big deal, that $20 wasn't allotted for savings or investing anyway - it was allotted to be spent. In the case of the lotto, it's entertainment just like going to see a movie at a theater or buying a movie at Walmart.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... it's entertainment just like going to see a movie at a theater or buying a movie at Walmart.
That's the way I look at it. I use $$ from the entertainment/spend category - somebody will win it...eventually. As far as the $550M jackpot - yeah, I could find a lot of good things to do with that.
When do they draw the numbers?
Next drawing Tuesday night.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy lotto tickets, but I buy them for insurance. I know I will never win, but I would be pissed if someone near me won and I didn't even have a ticket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom