Mega Million up to $550M ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You folks do know winning a big jackpot can be a curse, right? Plenty of stories out there of lottery winners who wish they'd never won - the notoriety, taxes, and the sudden riches messing with the head, to say nothing of everyone and their grandmother hounding you for a handout.

I'd think you'd be better off winning a smaller jackpot than this huge one. Less publicity, and you'd have a better handle on managing the money.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You folks do know winning a big jackpot can be a curse, right? Plenty of stories out there of lottery winners who wish they'd never won - the notoriety, taxes, and the sudden riches messing with the head, to say nothing of everyone and their grandmother hounding you for a handout.

I'd think you'd be better off winning a smaller jackpot than this huge one. Less publicity, and you'd have a better handle on managing the money.

First World problems. I can't even believe people have the gall to whine about stuff like this.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Find a lawyer (yes, I said it), get a trust, and party on with yer mouth shut after you 'disappear'.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find a lawyer (yes, I said it), get a trust, and party on with yer mouth shut after you 'disappear'.

Seems I might have put the cart before the horse, but I already have this one covered! :D And GC has said time and time again that the first clue anyone will have that we have won the lottery is when they can't find us ... :naughty:

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems I might have put the cart before the horse, but I already have this one covered! :D And GC has said time and time again that the first clue anyone will have that we have won the lottery is when they can't find us ... :naughty:

While the trust is being set up and all the particulars are being ironed out. Leak out some made up rumors where GC is on a big mob bust and is gonna bring down a whole family. Leak to social media sites. When you do leave make sure the house looks like something unthinkable happened in there.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Head for that isolated part of the country you have identified and build the Compou…uhhh, Residence (in phases using multiple contractors). Couple phone calls a month to manage the trust, and inventory the vault. I suspect that, done right, you could become a near non-person financially.

Be cool to do a preplan on the Residence. Just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom