Men's wedding rings?...whatcha wearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has been wanting to me buy me a new wedding band, we was brizzoke when we got hitched 12 years ago, plus I have almost worn my ring through. I think most of it is because she wants a new (read bigger) one for herself. I told her I don't want a new one, I got married with this rings, not some new fancy ring. ANyways, she wants to get me a titanium one, because I don't ever take it off and I work in the shop a lot. I have seen some tattoo rings, they are interesting enough. To me it doesn't matter what it is made of, it is the bond it signifies and unless it is destroyed or lost, it is the one you will keep forever. Here I go, gettin' all sappy.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Triton tungsten carbine and ceramic ring that looks exactly like this:

www.reeds.com_images_products_11_11_2_e.11_2337CE_G.jpg

Except it has 3 black diamonds in it laid out like this:
ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_31yCYGu8IFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I love it, it's thick and heavy though, took a while to get used to wearing.

m4man27

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't spend a lot of money what ever you decide to purchase. The fact that you wear it will matter the most to her. Plus like as said before don't wear it to work.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read through all of the responses, so one thing that may or may not have been noted in the 5 pages here is that tungsten bands cannot be re-sized (maybe the same with titanium?), so if you grow some fatty fat fat fingers, you're stuck either wearing no ring or buying a new one.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't read through all of the responses, so one thing that may or may not have been noted in the 5 pages here is that tungsten bands cannot be re-sized (maybe the same with titanium?), so if you grow some fatty fat fat fingers, you're stuck either wearing no ring or buying a new one.

Or as I mentioned (since you at least admitted you didn't read the thread :D ) mine is too loose as I lost weight. It works both ways

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
had a tungsten with black onyx inlay, tungsten was great, the onyx scratched easy enough though (scratched it my first week with a bore brush). I lost some weight, one day I was driving down the highway with my arm hanging out the window when I got to my destination ring was gone... now I use a piece of para cord melted the ends together and fits great.

this...

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...66886&Nao=0&PSO=0&bcCat=3&CmCatId=70737|70867

Last edited:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last time I w3as married we looked at some of the Tungsten and Titanium stuff and they are certainly very nice looking but I honestly couldn't see the justification in paying precious metal prices for something that isn't.
I'm not sure exactly what alloys they use but pure Tungsten is extremely brittle/fragile.

At any rate....
There is only one gal who could ever get another ring on my finger and she won't have anything to do with me....so I think it's safe to say I shall remain in the "ring free" category indefinitely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom