Mihandra Tractors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are not made by TYM. Mahindra is made by Mahindra.

https://www.mahindra.com/about-us

Not all...some. Specifically the eMax models. Not only does TYM build tractors for Mahindra, but Mitsubishi does as well. As a matter of fact, it's pretty hard to tell where some Mahindra tractors are made as they come from India, China as well as other countries thru various companies.

There are so many tractors made by various companies for other companies that it's sometimes hard to keep track of who actually builds a specific tractor.

According to Mahindra they are looking to make all their tractors by some time in 2024.

That information is readily available.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one im looking at is a 2019 model 2565 at a local JD dealer as a trade in and has the cab with heat/air and a front bucket with quick detachment already on it,842 hours and says it is a 65 hp i just havent got out and looked at it just going off the pics they have on the listing.
I’m not personally familiar with that model, but I suggest googling known issues if any exist. I’ve owned an older 35 hp for several years, and overall it’s been a solid little tractor. The only complaint is it wanting to run hot while using PTO driven attachments. It never overheats, but it runs hotter that what I like. I keep the air filter clean along with blowing out the screen and radiator on a regular basis. It’s a fairly common issue with that tractor. There are a few different recommendations on how to fix it, but I don’t think any are 100%. With the one that you are looking at, I would do some research on overheating especially since it has the AC. With that being said, Mahindra makes a pretty solid product that will probably serve you well.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Not all...some. Specifically the eMax models. Not only does TYM build tractors for Mahindra, but Mitsubishi does as well. As a matter of fact, it's pretty hard to tell where some Mahindra tractors are made as they come from India, China as well as other countries thru various companies.

There are so many tractors made by various companies for other companies that it's sometimes hard to keep track of who actually builds a specific tractor.

According to Mahindra they are looking to make all their tractors by some time in 2024.

That information is readily available.
I guess I interpreted his reference that Mahindra was a Korean company. TYM looks like the CM for a few of their US market tractors. It would be the same as Mazda making the Ford Ranger and the platform for the Escape and Mariner or Kia making the Festiva. Same difference.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Even the new "good old American made" Gleaner combines have Sisu diesel engines made in Finland. They've used those engines for a decade or longer now. You're not going to buy a fully American made anything in the ag world whether big or small equipment. Massy Ferguson tractors use them also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom